attn everyone

Okay the past couple of weeks people have been complaining alot on here about some of the shit that has been going on. I don’t know all of you guys opinion of the board but I like it and I want it to stay around. I don’t want it to turn out to be like PSR. I personally think that whitey has been doing a hell of a good job with the board and so has all of the other admins, and Mods. So I would like everyone to post in this thread there likes and dislikes about the board. Hopefully this will help whitey out with making this board better for everyone. Also u guys got to remember that Whitey can’t please everyone so please try to be alittle understanding when it comes to some of his choices of the way the board is going to be. DO NOT POST STUFF THAT SHOULDN’T BE IN THIS THREAD. I WANT EVERYONES OPINION THAT IS IT.:cool:

Honestly,

The summer sucked, winter is upon us, not much goes down in Pittsburgh car show wise anymore…

So people get bored and flame away, it’s hard to find things to share with others that doesn’t get flamed.

The only way around this is to have people start submitting more positive stuff such as howto’s or documentation on modifying cars, make it a resource just not an online forum. Everyone can provide an online forum, we need content and meat to keep people coming back and providing positive stuff.

sometimes stuff gets out of hand, and post whoring is at an alltime high. sometimes i won’t start a thread because i just know people will post the old “repost” or “who gives a fuck”. i think everyone should take it easy with the flaming outside the “e-fighting” forum, and maybe post some useful info, or start some good conversations.

good idea sam.

I agree with you that the useless post whoring has to stop. there is way too much even for us to control. i have met some really cool people off this board and PSR for the last 3 years and i would hate to see this board go under because Whitey gets sick of listening to people bitch and whine about post counts.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by silvrhand
Honestly,

The summer sucked, winter is upon us, not much goes down in Pittsburgh car show wise anymore…

So people get bored and flame away, it’s hard to find things to share with others that doesn’t get flamed.

The only way around this is to have people start submitting more positive stuff such as howto’s or documentation on modifying cars, make it a resource just not an online forum. Everyone can provide an online forum, we need content and meat to keep people coming back and providing positive stuff.

agreed, some How To articles would be neat (except for kinky How Tos)

Originally posted by silvrhand

We are working on an Archive section where we can take the useful car threads, prune down all the whoring and then keep them in there for everyone to benifit off of.

Nah,

That’s crap too IMHO… it’s better than what we have but people can do online submissions with raw data and some pics, then others more skilled can clean em up and post em.

It’s not really hard, just takes a little time to get setup and have people that are willing to do it. You only get what you put into it, and right now we don’t have a lot of people putting anything into this site, and yes that includes me.

Also a posting of local shops, places you can get some rack time, or general people that like helping and don’t rape you on pricing would be good too. Dyno area, times, what to expect, bring, do, etc, etc, etc…

The list goes on on easy simple stuff that would attract a lot of people. If you want to clean up the site, start banning the fuck outta people. They’ll get the idea, sure you’ll lose some people, but the people you lose will be the ones you want to get rid of anyways.

Originally posted by BlkP42E
We are working on an Archive section where we can take the useful car threads, prune down all the whoring and then keep them in there for everyone to benifit off of.

yea now that winter is upon us probably a section on where people can go for advise on there cars and such should be made and flaming should be eliminated all together in those sections…it would probably bring more people to the site too since there are people on here who actually know what there doing with v8s and 4 bangers…

these are all great, keep them coming!!!

I am working on a new version of the site so I can implement as many of these ideas as possible

Whitey,

You should really look at postnuke, you can do online submissions of articles, forums, everything… I know you don’t like it but it’s pretty damn nice…

good ideas.

maybe look into a joint venture with pitt racing for dyno days and what not. I think with the people here and there we should get prices down a good bit per person. I know orangeSS was looking into renting the track this summer but it was just too much for just us so gettin other local auto sites involved would be good for stuff like that.

Also, on honda-tech I know they have a best buys/ sponsor forum for people to post specials or new parts coming out and the prices for them or whatever.

Why are people complaining? PSR(pittsburgh section)/Pittspeed users have acted this way since I first came around a couple years ago. It seems to work for this group of people. We come here to complain about ricers and mullets, everyone knows everyone else is joking, and when everyone meets up everything is cool. I don’t see a problem. It’s a given that every thread is going to be hijacked in some way or another and every now and then a lot of good info is discussed.

my $.02

Originally posted by 2kaltima
Why are people complaining? PSR(pittsburgh section)/Pittspeed users have acted this way since I first came around a couple years ago. It seems to work for this group of people. We come here to complain about ricers and mullets, everyone knows everyone else is joking, and when everyone meets up everything is cool. I don’t see a problem. It’s a given that every thread is going to be hijacked in some way or another and every now and then a lot of good info is discussed.

my $.02
see thats want i though i agree with what u said thats why i posted like that!! cause that what everbody did well most some less some more:dunno: :confused:

Well,

This is ok, but we need to constrict it to the E-fighting and shit, and get serious on the other forums, or make an off-topic section…

I’m tired of posting stuff only to see non racer, or other stupid shit posted nad the post go to hell.

Originally posted by 2kaltima

my $.02

i think an “On-Topic” section would be beneficial, like on that “OTher” site. No flaming whatsoever would be allowed.

:dunno:

It might also be a decent idea to try and advertise pittspeed at the local speed shops. Maybe print out some flyers or something. Not so much to attract new members, but to gain a bit of affluence in the Pittsburgh automotive scene. If we make a good name for ourselves, perhaps we could attract some advertisers, or get discounts at placed for Pittspeed members or something like that? I know that Chris from PSR opened a lot of doors for himself when PSR became well-respected in the Phila. area. Hell, i got a media pass to Carlisle, the last Street Outlawz, and i was offered a pass to this years Street Outlawz, going on the credibility of being associated with PSR…

:dunno:

pretty good there bud!!

I like the idea of a meaningful On topic forum, where no flaming or thread hijacking will be tolerated. Also your usual street/ track/ help/meets/ classified etc. forums. And then make an offtopic forums where all teh jokers can hang out basically like a Off Topic chat forum.

sam had a pretty good idea with the possable joining of the 2 sites from what i can see most of the people jump from one board to the next anyway

Okay alot of u guys got alot of good ideas and maybe tomorrow at the BBQ we can talk a little more about it. Just keep the ideas coming:D