Attn: Honda EF Hatch Owners...

I need 5 minutes of your time…just to look at your car.

i lost a part or two off my hatch while driving a while back, and now my hood won’t latch shut…it’s always popped…it doesn’t fly open because the little trigger thing on the hood itself is still in tact and holding it down, but it’s always opened just a bit, and it’s scary going 50 or so, and having a nasty gust lift the front end lol…

i just need to compare my latch assembly to that of a working one, to see what i’m missing and what i should get when i go to a parts store and/or junkyard…

How did parts falling off your hatch effect your hood?

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:2,topic:35259"”]

How did parts falling off your hatch effect your hood?

[/quote]

parts didn’t fall off the hatch as in the rear of the car…i was referring to the car as a whole as “the hatch.”

parts fell off the front of the car, parts of the hood latch assembly to be specific…and i’m interested in just comparing my latch assembly to that of one that works to see what i’m missing

if u were to go to a parts store, u would likely have to buy the whole latch assembly.

Its definitely the easiest way to do it too.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:4,topic:35259"”]

if u were to go to a parts store, u would likely have to buy the whole latch assembly.

Its definitely the easiest way to do it too.

[/quote]

i’m really trying not to DOUBLE the amount i’ve paid for the car here…

just go to the junkyard and take out as many moving parts as you can find from the latch assembly. there aren’t that many and it’s a junkyard, it will be cheap.

YOU ARE PATHETIC…spend the $ on a new assembly.

God knows you are the worst mechanic on this board

How do you plan to assemble anything ??

:picard:

^^lol

wtf - it’s a honda. Just buy a cheap set of ebay hood pins and be done with it.

+1 for pins.

i really don’t know why i never thought of the pins… :lol:

what a sweet addition they’ll be…

For real, pins on that car will get all the ladies shaking…

What’s the deal about that fog machine by the way?

[quote=“91MR2,post:12,topic:35259"”]

For real, pins on that car will get all the ladies shaking…

What’s the deal about that fog machine by the way?

[/quote]

see the thread for my other broken car…

my buddy jeff (TunerFreak) has one as well, but lives a whole lot closer to my house…and i believe has a garage i can do the test in too…but if that falls through, i’ll get in touch with ya and you can let me know when i can infect your smoke machine with whatever diseases the z has…

No doubt it has some disease…

if you’re coming to the track day tomorrow you can check out the CRX