Q: hood pins only?

all right i bought a seibon carbon fiber hood double rear vents for about 800$ a couple months ago the problem is my hood latch is rasied all it can go but i still have to push down really hard to get it to latch… the hood is under a lot of stress were the latch is so the mother fucker cracked it happend in the winted when the hood got cold so today i tryed to see if i could bore the latch holes bigger and move the latch up more but i cant cause the bolts are welded to the other side so i thought y not take the latch right off for now but what im worred about is will the hood fly off with just with the hood pins or do i need the latch the vents do let out alot of air that would push the hood up so what do u guys think im going to try it out down the high way in like 20 min to see if it pulls up

Hood pins are better than the hood latch. That hood wont be going anywhere!!!

How about adding a third pin front and center. Race cars don’t use latches. 2 properly adjusted hood pins should work, 3 is safer and may hide the crack.

Trevor.

Yeah hood pins will do the trick, and you don’t need to use the latch.

Punctuation is also awesome.

:wink:

• Mike

I run pins in my red convertible. I drilled out the latch so I guess I needed them. Also a must for a C/F hood as I have herd from peoples un latching and smashing shit!

7what about people trying to open the hood and mess with shit or steal shit do u guys think its safe or what ?..+ iwas think ing using air craft wire and looping it through the hoods latch and locking it to a bracket with a pad lock or something

I used a pair of small padlocks on my 510. They were both keyed the same, I never had a problem.

Trevor.