Pin on hoods? yay or nay?

Replacing the hood with a light weight fiber glass one…

Any reasons not to go pin on?

clean look > hoodpins. From personal experiences hood pins can crack your hood and jam up sometimes.Its preference i guess, the car will prob look much cleaner with out them but its up to you

if you have a carbon fiber hood and your going high speed do hood pins help and prevent warping, or is the hood’s normal latch fine?

im prob going to run a pin on hood so if i can do it you can do it lol

hmm the pin on stock hood is 11lbs…the pin on WS6 hood is 13lbs…

Thats 2lbs I can never get back…hmmm I have to have the car weigh less then chokos.

I don’t care how pins look, but I would rather have 2 pins on my hood vs a cracked hood in my windshield and a dented roof… not to mention the possibility of not being able to see out the front window and crashing…

i have a Cf hood, just using the normal hood latch, and it seems ok, ive taken it to 90 without trouble but am a little afraid to take it further. maintly because the hod jumps up and down between 60-80, after 80 the hood is held up by the wind, and i really dont want to have my hood come off at 90+mph.

Isn’t it necessary to run pins on most tracks at a certain track time?

are you talking about a 4 pin hood? or just 2 in the front?

4 pins is hot.

2 pins and hinges?.. meh.

Sorry I explained this wrong…

My options are a factory replacement hood that is fiber glass uses the factory hood latch…which weighs 25-30lbs

OR a pin on hood that weighs 10-11lbs…

Trying to save weight where ever I can…I just don’t know if its going to be a whore to take a pin on hood on and off by my self…

i would use the pin on hood, i am sure you wouldn’t use some lame ass cowl/vented hood… right?

ehh, if its only about 10 or 11 pounds I dont see it being much of a problem to remove.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/whitews6ext.jpg

like that :lol:

Nah I would either use a stock hood or WS6
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/ws6hood.JPG

Im leaning towards a stock style hood for the stealth look

I take my hood off by myself i dont see a hood weighing 10 lbs being very hard

My hood is larger then yours :wink:

85% of my car is hood stupid boats

you will be able to get it off by yourself I have seen Choda do it a few times on his car

You seriously need to work out some if you think you’ll have a problem with it. :lol:

liftoff 4pin > *.

hood itself weighs less
no hinges + no latch assembly can mean 30 - 50#s in savings. :eekdance:

oh, any reason not to?

Um… no?
Should be easy enough to match paint…
Fiberglass is more fragile & susceptible to wear & tear, but so what?

Its a big fucking hood…having to take it off all the time…I assume would lead to a lot more chances of fucking it up…