so hoodpins.....

how much of a bitch is it going to be to install them on a fiberglass hood? i have a bad feeling about this… lol

its not tough at all…just tedious

if you need a hand, id be willing to help. I’ve done a few sets on anything from metal, fiberglass, carbon, etc

I’m probably going to do Aerocatch ones on my CF hood…tape, measuring, and a Dremel with a lot of bits.

For drill-type, just a good drill and a good bit. :slight_smile:

Aerocatch are nice but huge.

and lube and patience…

Alot of patience. Cut / drill slowly.

yea sounds like patience is key:ohnoes:

def. let the tool do the cutting… the more you lean on it the more likely you are to crack it up.

just make sure you put them back before driving. lol.

Get the latching kind, or put cables on the pins.

(yes I did this once, that was a bad tuesday) I actually ended up molding part of a stock hood into that hood so it would latch after because I was sick of the pins.

put pins on the car and just slam the hood down on them .they will go right threw… dont worry about the webing … i beleve you can drill it but u need to take your time

^ lol

drill from the bottm up and tape the top to minimize chipping. measure like 100 times lol.

fixed

+1

In before, “which new hood should I get?” :wink:

I’d rather huge than incredibly gay looking. I hate the look of hood pins unless there are 4 of them.

http://www.aerocatch.com/AeroCatch-Brochure.pdf

Exactly. You better get Aerocatch if you get pins Jay. Keep in mind I had my 944 to 175mph with a fiberglass hood on a stock latch… So I’m not one that really believes in pins.

^ JFC

so what your saying is, you got pretty lucky? :stuck_out_tongue: i don’t “want” pins, but i think i need them