so hoodpins.....

I had my CF hood fly up with the stock latch. I think that was my fault and didn’t latch it down all the way. Then the cable broke when I went to open the hood, so I put hood pins in. I used the ones from autozone because I needed something asap. I need to find better ones.
On my rad support there were 2 holes equally spaced from the headlights. I drilled them out a bit bigger then put the posts in. Then I closed the hood to mark the spot. I started out with a small bit and drilled from the inside, out. Then I used a bigger drill bit from the outside, in.

If it was only once, I’d say lucky. :wink:

Couldn’t have said it any better.

Seriously, it’s super super easy. You don’t have to be retarded careful like everyones making it sound. Dremel would be my tool of choice for the job.

whats about a pin on with Dzus,

race car

:zong:

put them in, and close the hood really really hard. it will be fine. trust me

see someone else thinks it will work too

that method must be a honda thing :stuck_out_tongue:

what about heating a bit to get the whole started then drill out… or would that not work

wat.

back to the lube and patience. i guess.

whata ricer

just drill a tiny hole and keep working it a little bigger and bigger.

ok nevermind them

aim and pray

you know how to mark your hole locations right?

Install the pins, put some we paint on the tips, lower the hood a bit and presto.

You can also use masking tape and look for the indentations.

I drilled a tiny pilot hole to start and then used a unibit slowly. Also taped it off to avoid cracking, splintering, etc.

jesus christ you guys are getting carried away.

Jay I’ll come over and show yah, it takes like 2 minutes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/NjccBflo/Pics%20OT/spiking.jpg

thanks for the responses guys :tup: (well, most of them :lol: )

nah, thats how i was going to install them on the mustang

A dab of grease works too.

Get rid of the fiberglass one and find a stock hood :gotme: