CF Hoods: Need Hoodpins?

To all those 240sx owners that are running CF hoods, are you guys runnin with or without hood pins?Do I need them?

Hmmmm

500 dollar hood
25 dollar hood pins

It is probably a wise investment.

I’m running my car without… the stock latch is pretty secure. The hood doesn’t wobble or move at all at high speeds, but it’s something I’ll invest in in the future just to be safe.

i would just to be safe…not only will it be the hood that is destroyed but the windshield and paint on top

I’ve never seen anyone run without hood pins, but it sounds like a really really bad idea. Get them before you get your hood, and make sure that shit is tight. Don’t forget, not only are you saving your hood/windsheild, but if that hood flies up you could get into an accident and possibly injure/kill other people. It just isn’t worth it.

That thread is a must read for you. The pics are down now, but take my word for it - they weren’t pretty.

Pff you bunch of pansies. Real men use zip ties.

WHen I bought my new CF hood, i ran it without hood pins for about a week, and every time i would go over 90 km/h it would wobble a bit left & right. I strongly recommend hood pins, just look at that 780 thread :stuck_out_tongue:

my hood was like 8504 so i bought some spago pins for 50$ i thing its worth it the guy that owns garage works has had is cf hood flip off on him going down the high way

Meh I should be fine, I hardly travel on the highway…most roads I take only 60KM/h speed limit and pffft to that 780tuners thread…I will never be going that fast down a road anyway, I obey the speed limits

alright man i would do it tho even if your doing 60km what happens if u get hit head on by wind that wind shit will push that hood right up…is the hood vented or oem?

Yep, it’s your money. If you think a chance like that is worth it, then by all means go right ahead! Personally, I don’t think $40 worth of hoodpins is going to break your bank, but several grand worth of body repairs just might!

wo wow ow wait a min here who the hell now a days doesnt speed lol

OEM

Its not the money issue I’m concerned about…just hood pins look gay unless I can find like black ones or CF ones and I’ve seen tons of cars on the road without hood pins so I’ll just test it out for now

I know for a fact that Sparco makes a set of black anodized hood pins. And yeah, everyone speeds eventually. If you expect us to believe you drive a turboed car and never drive over 60…I mean, come on now! :E

hood pins are the shit

Tsk tsk :roll: I obey the law now…after my incident with the CPS a few weeks ago but sadly, just gonna enjoy my CF hood for a lil while and sell my baby :cry but thanks for the info guys, I’ll gonna just put on the CF hood and try it out, and then if anythin happens I’ll install the hood pins