Carbon fiber hoods and hoodpins

I was wondering how many of you here are using carbon fiber hoods without hoodpins and if the result has been good. i dont wanna use hoodpins on my hood if i dont have to but if it means safety then i will but id like some opinions first. thanks.

if you plan on driving over 60mph you better use them. stick your hand out the window going 100mph and if u thing a hood half the size of a sheet of plywood is going to hold up your nuts.

i heard of someone that had a civic that bought a oem style vis and didnt want to drill for hoodpins and he had it blow up on him twice so i think it would be a smart idea

check out kurts car in the member projects section, he has pins, but they’re a lot nicer, and less, “hey look at me, i’m a hood pin”

wow, i didnt know they flew up so easily, mine has a scoop in it , i dont know if that would make the air hold it down or make it fly up easier but heres a pic of the hood to see it.

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2005_Chevrolet_Cobalt_SS_Coupe_2.0.aspx/5/3905/_Hoods_RK_Sport_Turbo_Sport_Style_Ram_Air_Hood_Carbon_Fiber

are those the carbon fiber key lock pins i saw on his hood? if so i think those are the ones ill get as well cuz like you said they blend in better than traditional style.

I don’t think they’re carbon fiber, or have key’s, but they have a positive latching mechanism, and they’re flush mount.

I think Kurt’s have keys, but I didn’t remember them being made of carbon fiber.

here’s what they look like.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/bluemeanietsi/M1.jpg

%^^^^Badass…I’m getting those, I hate these ones I have. Thanks rebel26gt

had a vis hood for 6 years, no hood pinbeen well over 120mph no problems

Yes they are keyed, they are just plastic housings with a standard hoodpin inside them, you can get flushmount top or bottom (I went with top it covered up small mistakes in the holes i cut)

Pins aren’t cheap. www.aerocatch.com also found on ebay.

RICE

:rofl:

wow, those hoodpins look really nice with the flushmount. i dont even have a cf hood and i want them!

Just checked the pricing…

$182 w/ locks
$162 w/o locks

Kind of pricey but well worth it for some.

*That was the pricing listed on a distributors website. These pins go for $105 w/ locks (shipped) and $95 w/o locks (shipped) on eBay.