EF Honda owners, help a brother out!

So as we all know, my Honda goes through oil at a constant rate…and if you didn’t know that, now you do.

No biggie though, that’s what i expected for a triple digit priced car…

Well, it’s about that time of the week again…that time where i have to add more oil…so i go to open the hood, and the latch won’t do anything…i give it a good hard tug, and the platic latch itself breaks. I laugh out loud…and then go find a pair of pliers (sp?) and grab hold of the hood latch cable that’s not exposed and easy to get grasp on…

give it a few gentle tugs, and nothing still…i’m confused…

give it one more decent tug, and it comes at me an inch or two… i get the typical confused wtf look on my face…and give it one last tug, and now it comes right though a good 5 inches lol…

conclusion i made is that the cable broke loose somewhere between where i had it, and where it opens the hood…i think that’s a safe assumption to make…

My hatch is starving for oil now…how do i get the hood open? The hood isn’t like bent up or anything, which is unfortunate…because if it was, i wouldn’t mind bending it more to get to the latch in the front…

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!

Uh huh

Honda with a broken hood latch

:snky: :snky:

Likely story

You can’t get to whats left of the cable from under the car?

if you didnt break the cable its an easy fix… ask any REAL honda owner.

It’s a 2 man opperation

person 1 holds the cable back while person 2 taps on the hood till she pops open.

BUT with the cable broken you’re going to have to try n find a spot u can get at the cable ( inner fender wall )

haven’t looked…didnt think or know the cable ran under the car…i always thought they just came through the firewall from the engine bay or something…

i’ll check it out tonight…