96 Civic hood stuck shut

I went to change my oil today and i cant get the hood to pop open. I can pull the release cable as usual but the hood doesn’t budge. I sprayed the latch with some pb blaster and let it sit for a while then had someone pull the latch while i pulled on the hood and that doesn’t do it either.

I have another civic a 97 and i figured out how to pop it by reaching inside the bumper with a screwdriver thinking there was something wrong with the cable. Its kinda scary how easy that can be done. I tried the same thing on the one thats stuck shut with no luck. So i guess something is seized under there. I worked on the thing for a couple hours and im out of ideas at this point.

The last time i had it open was a few weeks ago to fill it with washer fluid and i didn’t have any trouble opening it then.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds to me like the cable is broken.

cheat in w/ a 1/4 drive socket/extension and unbolt the latch from the rad support.

poor alignment or streched cable.

the one I dealt with was siezed shut, and once unbolted I had to pry it open the cable was fine

I was finally able to get it open. I didn’t realize i could get a ratchet in there that easy. It was just seized.

now its open hit it with Pblaster, and pack it full of grease

Shoulda hit it with a Harley wrench.