quick hood latch fix

someone is coming over to look at my car and i did a quick check of things and the freggin hood didnt open. it seems like there is not enough tension in the cable. is there a quick fix for this?

have some 1 pull on the lever then you pull on the cord leading to the latch…

pull the handle, get a set of vice grips on the cable its self and give it a good pull, pref with someone pulling up on the hood a bit

actually, i take that back…there is tension but it is not popping. should i try some wd-40? if so where should i spray? is there a way to tighten the cable?

pull the cable and have someoone lift up on the hood. im guessing this is a chrysler/gm product?

chevy…

it seems like something is stuck. i dont want to pull too hard and break something. i tried to pull on the hood while pulling and it didnt work. anyone in the cleve hill area that wants to swing by and help out?

im cleve hill area but i would be no use to you on this one lol

well, i got it open. i had to go under the bumper and unlatch it. i think i just need some wd40, it is getting stuck. what a pain. i just dont wanna be like…here is my car that you want to buy, dont worry all you have to do is climb under the hood and unlatch it with a wrench.

dont bother with WD40, it wont stay… get some white litium grease… that will actually stay in the part and lube it up