How to pop hood when pull won't work?

My 93 coupes battery is dead, and when I went to pop the hood, nothing happened. I’m not sure if the cable snapped, or if the hood was frozen shut and I forced it or what, but I cannot pop the hood anymore. Can anyone give me an idea as to how I can pop the hood without the pull?

:confused:

the latch could be messed up as well…try gettin someone to try lifting up the hood while you pull on the hood switch…happened once on my s14

Assuming there is still some tension on the hood latch pull and you haven’t tried yet…perhaps just take another quick peek to make sure there’s no obvious ice obstruction in the hood gaps & defrosting area etc and then have someone pull the latch and hold it, while you try to gently lift the hood…and hope that does it…

EDIT: As Riceboy mentioned… :smiley:

i had this problem. the latch sticks sometimes when she’s cold so once i got it open i just soaked it in white grease never to have that problem again

I had this problem a couple times and when I closed my door when I was getting out it would pop open lol

So yea just slab some wd40 or grease on there once you get it open and it should be good

Alright thanks for the feedback. I think there is some tension on the pull, but not as much as there should be… maybe I’ll try pouring some warm water on the latch :rolleyes:

get someone to pull the cable while you pull on the hood

Yup, that did it. Feel like a moron now… ah well, time to get out the WD40. Thanks again.