ATTN. I NEED A FLOAT NEEDLE FOR A MUKUNI BIKE CARB ASAP!

A friend of mine is a Marine and I have his Katana 600 we are getting it running for him to bring back south leaving thursday. I got the carbs tuned and running great, but the damn float needle on one carb isnt sealing and floods the bowl.

http://www.oldbikebarn.com/Carb-Float-Needles_5

right there is what I need. Its a common needle for Mukuni carbs. ATV’s, dirt bikes, and street bikes use the same needle. All the local shops I have been calling are giving me a hard time and I cant seem to get anything from them.

If anyone has some thing that might help, please let me know. I will pay what ever it takes and come get it from you if that helps too.

THANKS!
Mike

i have a set of stock carbs from a 2000 ZR 600. Cross reference the part numbers on the needle, if it fits i’ll pull one out for you tonight.

TOO BAD BITCH

checking.

I see they sell the float needle, pivot pin and crap as an assembly, but no part numbers sofar. any idea what size carb it its? maybe I can break it down that way.

i think its a TM 38mm, flat slide, racked carb.

If you want to just try one you can drive out to central bridge and get one tonight. I get home around 8.

I might have to just do that… ill bring the needle with me. How far away from my shop are ya? so I can plan accordingly tonight. THANKS HOMIE!

im about 2 miles off of exit 23 on 88. takes me about 15 minutes to get to your shop.

OK bad ass. I will give ya a call when I am at the shop tonight around 7:30 and swing over.

sounds good man