attn: people with boats

my family has owned boats since well before I was born. We do not dock our boats but we have been considering it the past few years. The going rate is about $44 a foot for docking. There are other options like having your boat racked or doing whats called “park and launch”. With racking your boat is kept on a rack out of the water and when you want to use it you give the place about an hours notice. The rate for that is about $36 a foot. With “park and launch”, your boat stays on the trailer and is just kept at the marina. When your want to use it, you launch it yourself. I cant remember what they charged something in the 20s a foot I believe.

a couple places to check out are Peggy’s Harbor and All-State Marina for docking. If you plan to boat the pool that contains the point you will probably want something that is not too far away.

Also with docking, remember that you will have to pay higher gas prices for water refueling as opposed to car pump prices.

What all do you need to operate a boat in PA? Is a boating training course required?

Anyone born after January 1st, 1982 will need to take the PA boaters safety course. The cost is only 25 bucks and it is all done online.

I don’t know exactly what you meant as far as “operating a boat” but there are a lot of rules regarding things needed on your boat while you operate it. I have a 2007 PA Boaters safety handbook that you can have. Ill trade you it for a pittspeed sticker. haha :):slight_smile:

anything else let me know.

Jimmy