attn: people with boats

Well I took the boat out last night for a spin on lake erie. The boat runs great and its in amazing condition for an 88. The vinyl looks great, the engine like I said is brand new and still in break in period. The trailor looks great with all pretty much new tires. I took pictures of it just don’t have a memory stick reader with me.

I am kinda leaning towards the no on this purchase. I want something to be on the water and maybe for right now I just go with a jetski. This way its portable enough to take it to the river or up to the island house. Granted I can’t take out all my friends but I would just encourage them to buy one as well. Going to think about it over the weekend. thanks for all the info!

I pay $400 a year to keep my boat at a Marina in Coraopolis. I keep it dry docked. Right now its on a trailer on he side of my house becuase there is something wrong with the outboard, and I am trying to work up the courage to rip it apart, since I know absolutely nothing about outboards.

Thanks, if you’re out my way, I’ll drag you around behind it. Fun as hell!

Jetskis are fun, but they aren’t real practical. They get boring after a while. Its fun to load a bunch of friends on a boat with a cooler of beer and just head out on the river, anchor and just drink, bs and listen to the radio, something you cant really do on a jetski. Everyone I know from my marina that bought jetskis, used them maybe for the first two seasons, and then barely took them out again after that, they always take thier boats out. You cant pull anyone behind a jetski, and if something were to happen to it on the middle of the river, how comfortable would it be to have to just sit on it to wait for help, at least with a boat, if it breaks down, you will be alot safer and comfortable while ou wait for help

EDIT: Nevermind on below; found their website; looks nice and maybe more full than I’d remembered. But maybe for next year.
Do you have any info on this marina (propaganda or website… although I doubt they’d have one)? We live like two minutes from it and were looking at docking there in the future, so we can be home quick if we need anything. Hasn’t looked like they’re full this summer.

What dock are you at? Do they have a website?

I am a big fan of skiing and tubing thats one of the reasons why I want a boat. I love the watersports aspect of it. Jetskis are a blast on the island though, its soooo much fun launching off of waves. But at the same time it does get boring real fast.

Boating on the river is definitely cool and fun- but anyone who says it isn’t filthy is crazy, LOL

My familiy is big on boats, we always had at least two at any given time. My Dad’s got a small fishing boat and a decent 19’ open bow right now.

In my experience, boats are about the same as cars maintenace wise…though keep in mind, it’s got alot to do with how you treat the boat period. Running a boat flat-out all the time at full throttle is almost the same thing thing as running your car at WOT continously; granted marine engines are typically much more robust, but you get the point.

The pools up the Mon are beautiful. I grew up spending summers on a boat at Neville Island (Great Pittsburgh Aquatic Club). Never had problems with the rivers being that nasty.
Pittsburgh pool wasn’t too nice. Allegheny was always muddy. But the further you go up the Mon… the water is really nice up by 10 mile and further.

same here, my family owned a boat since as early as i can remember then sold it when i was around 12. how can u say the the river isnt dirty?

412-269-9569 - B&L Marina, its nothing great, but cheap, secure, and they have a fairly nice launch. I dont think they have a website though, there is one next door that is real nice too. I wanted to check into it. Its called Groveton Boat Club. I see them partying all the time down there.

Steve boat is def baller:D

i dock 1 or 2 docks down from him at the

Carousel Marina
200 Carousel Dr.
Bunola, PA 15020
412-384-4109

i think we pay like 500ish a season but our boat is tad bit bigger then steves

they are cleaner than they have ever been. i mean seriously they are rivers though, do you expect aquafina?

Same boat as my friend owns. 48’ Ocean Yacht. Twin 800hp Caterpillar diesel engines, full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. fucking pimp. Retails for ~ $900,000 but you can pick them up for relatively cheap used.

Here Whitey:
http://www.gaycruisevacations.com/

they are cleaner than they have ever been. i mean seriously they are rivers though, do you expect aquafina?

No, I don’t expect Aquafina, but perhaps a few less Allegheny Whitefish would be nice.

look into Millvale Marina… My dad, and a few of my friends have docked there over the past fifteen years without any complaints.

I have been out on our boat on the ohio pool more than 20+ times this summer and have been fishing the back channel near emsworth a ton, I have yet to see “condoms” or garbage the way it was when I was growing up. The only thing that I see is the reminders of the flood of 04. :stick:

I have been out on our boat on the ohio pool more than 20+ times this summer and have been fishing the back channel near emsworth a ton, I have yet to see “condoms” or garbage the way it was when I was growing up. The only thing that I see is the reminders of the flood of 04.

Saw a condom two weekends ago, last time I was on the river fishing with my dad. We were anchored off of Western Pen.

For the past 3 years my dad has lived right on the Ohio- in Branchport Marina to be exact. Believe me, I’ve got lots of experience seeing exactly the kind of filth that’s in the river. Just because it “isn’t as bad” as it once was doesn’t mean it still doesn’t fill with sewage everytime there’s a flood, have a great deal of residual industrial pollution, and a crapload of litter.

thats because Im up river from uns!

lol there are signs on the Allegheny in Kittanning that read: “Warning, do not swim downstream of this sign, RAW SEWAGE DISCHARGE”

also, almost bought a house in Templeton a while back… one of the guy’s key selling points was “yep, no sewage bill, no septic tanks to worry about. It all goes right into the river!”

Don’t get me wrong, I grew up swimming in it and it doesn’t really bother me, but those rivers are pretty nasty.