ATTN: Slowmarro or Joehawk

5.0 TPI swapped to 5.7TPI… car wont start, everything is hooked up,grounds are good, starter is good and wired correctly

Just seems like there is no power going to the starter

I would check power to the starter.

When we tryed jumping the starter it sparked, so theres gotta be some kind of power… the solenoid was bad on the last one

hmm

K swap?

It solves all problems

Pop start it.

It’s an auto

Balls.

Is there any clicks when the key is turned? You may have purchased a defective replacement. Wouldn’t be the first time. Also some of these used the Passkey security system. It was pretty advanced for its time. It may have locked the PCM in the process. You will know if it has a little black chip in the middle of the ignition key.

Yes it has the VATS…he keeps saying its not that, i keep telling him it is, there is no clicks

Def K swap.

i kno whats wrong with it, i also had a tpi car. the problem: its a TPI.

That is exactly what i said…

I had a few TPIs. The speed density (90-92) were not too bad but the MAF (85-89) suck. Those Bosch MAF sensors are the root of more 3rd gen frustration

the vats wont shut down the starter it only pulls fuel . if the starter is clicking or arcing when ya jump it it has the battery power but is it getting the signal voltage out of the puprle wire at the starter ? if no check for a broken or missing purple wire or bad wire . it could also be a bad fusible link . now what i need to know is did the starter turn over when ya jumpered it ?

it just arced, it never kicked over… no clicking nothing

either the flexplate is binding the starter or installed wrong or suttin . orrrrr the starter is bad itself

this is the second started theyve gotten from AAP… ill tell him to check some shit, its prolly wrong somehow, hes not the brightest crayon in the box, yet he graduated from high performance engines

yeh did someone forget to slide the torque converter completly in?