Attn: Techies - need advice on good headphones please!

I love my bose QC15’s they are over the ear headphone but I find them a lot more comfortable than earbuds. Great sound and you can barely hear anything other then the music

The problem with anything over the ear/head style is that when I turn them up you can hear it outside them, and after a while the pressure of them gives me a bad headache. I know a lot of people say opposite, but for me ear buds are more comfortable.

Yeah I guess I never really took into consideration the pressure in the headphone because it doesn’t bother me. I do notice it though

koss sparkplugs.

best sounding ive ever tried, and like 20 bucks a pair. great noise blocking and respond down to like 15Hz

I have a set of Klipsch earbuds that I’ve had for about 3 years that have been great. They were around $90 and I haven’t had a single complaint…

I’ve got an older set of V Moda Vibe’s. I’d highly recommend them if you could get the same generation as mine, but it a crapshoot on which ones you end up getting. Decently balanced, with a bit of a bias towards bass response. Think I paid $30 for them? Metal construction, 45 degree connector for strain relief, etc. I’ve been pretty happy with them, but from what I remember you want to avoid the plastic ones, and the ones without the 45 degree connector. Great for all kinds of music.

Had a couple sets of V Moda BassFreq’s for a bit, really cheap earbuds (under $20), and kinda cheaply made, but if you get a good seal on them the amount of bass they’ll put out is pretty insane. Midrange wasn’t the greatest for rock music. Sounded good with hip hop and electronica. Kinda want to buy another set for the hell of it. Plastic construction, extremely lightweight, but has poor strain relief in the connections (I killed a set pulling on the wire while skiing).

Got a set of DUNU Tridents as a gift for a friend after reading a recommendation on Head-Fi. Very well balanced, clean sounding earbud. Sounded good with pretty much any genre of music. A bit less bassy than that Vibe’s were, probably sound better overall, I just preferred a bit more bass.

I haven’t found a skullcandy that impressed me yet. Friends have had various Sennheiser models, which sounded good, but not worth the price difference to me.

I guess that’s where I run into a problem too is that I listen to so many different types of music it’s hard to narrow in on a pair that would be specific for one kind. Something with a good range is probably going to be what I need.

Good over the ear headphones are don’t have any escaping music, the same way they block out external noise and over the ear are more comfortable than on the ear (which let sound escape). The downside is that you usually look like a goon with big ass headphones on but it’s work so who gives a shit.

That’s when I have to get all girly and say I can’t wear those kind cause it’ll mess up my hair. :rofl

Sennheiser.

In this order of priority nicole…

1. Whats your budget
  2. Are you willing to sacrifice preference for sound quality
  3. In ear or over ear

and a big +1 to Beats being junk. Their not all that bad, but for the price their terrible.

1. Under $100 would be nice.
  2. Not sure which preference you mean - if it’s brand, I have none.
  3. I prefer canal ear buds, they seem to be more comfortable for all day wear.

And yeah the Beats I have are decent but a little too much bass for certain genres and not as clear as you would expect.

[ame=“http://www.amazon.com/DUNU-DN-12-Noise-Isolation-Earphones-Powerful/dp/B0050MM40C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367414406&sr=8-1&keywords=dunu+trident”]Amazon.com: DUNU DN-12 Trident Metal Full Range Noise-Isolation Earphones, Earbuds with Elegant and Powerful Design: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Wdb4JSi7L.@@AMEPARAM@@31Wdb4JSi7L[/ame]

Those seem sweeeeeet!

They are. They used to cost less as well. Also look into a few of the other DUNU models that are on that list Vlad posted. I first found that model looking for the “best under $50” on Head-fi.