I now hate my Bose headphones: distortion after 1 month

$139 bose headphones and they are already going to shit after just 4 weeks … youve got to be kidding me

fucking bullshit … this shouldnt happen. my old pair of headphones lasted YEARS w/o breaking up like this.

anyone work at an electronics store that stocks Bose triport over ears? if i cant get a new pair straight from Bose im going to have to do the buy / switch / return for store credit deal

I’ve learned my lesson with Bose headphones. They are way overpriced for what they are, way too much base. Got a pair of Shure e3c’s off of Brent_Strong like 2 years ago and have never looked back (although the pair I bought off him I sold, and my gf bought me new ones this summer) Shure :tup: Bose :tdown:

I <8 Sennheiser.

:tdown: to bose.

Bose is shit.

warranty repair + ebaying them off = me buying something that doesnt suck ass using the mony i spent on these.

ill probably make sure i blow the other side out too and then send them in, as id rather not screw someone on ebay by selling really shitty shit. shit as it comes from the factory is acceptable though, lol

Shure

Sennheiser.

the 2 other brands i was considering. fuck …

grado anyone? :slight_smile: they might look like third world 1980s headphones but mmmmm I love mine.

Loved my Grado’s, till I sold them. Lacking a decent set of headphones right now.

Bose here running solid for a long time now.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=shure+e2c&category0=

E2C’s are rather cheap and also really awesome @60+shipping is damn good price.

the worst part is that it was Ini Kamozi that killed the headphones

i mean wtf, 2007 tech cant handle 80’s music? … lame

the hotstepper ftw

Bose blows. Those $140 headphones would sell for more like $40 if they said anything besides Bose on them.

Get some sennheiser’s, or shure.

Or if you dont mind some seriously old skool open headphones, look into getting some grado’s. Even the lower models sound better than most shure’s or sennheiser’s…

OR, go cheap and get a set of JVC Marshmallows. Freeking awesome for under $20… go to walmart and get a pair right now.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Bose = NOT GOD

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2860751&Sku=J109-1060&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&CMP=OTC-GOOGLEBASE
JVC Marshmallows = GOOD (enough)

You can take them with you and not care if you loose them, and whos going to steal them? Now the Bose, someone MIGHT want to snag them, and im sure you would be quite pissed if they go missing or blow up… :wink:

But if you cant stand earbuds, then senhieser or shure it is!

over ear ftw

wonder if i can just verbaly abuse the shit out of the bose warranty rep and get a check instead of repairs, lol

I’ve had a pair of $20 over the ear Sennheisers for 2 years now. They work great and sound pretty good too.

i love my shure scl2s

Those $140 headphones are that price because their ‘bread and butter’ low end products fund all of the crazy research (like the car suspension research they kept secret for what… over 20 years?) they do. Doesn’t bug me either way because I don’t buy the stuff but can still benefit from the research. :slight_smile:

I was less than impressed with the all bose speaker surround sound setup my dad built a few years back. I have yet to experience something bose that I said “wow that sounds good”. Every time I put on my Grados (and I’m not talking high end Grados, my SR80s were $99.99) I get that wow feeling. Bang for your buck you can’t go wrong with the SR80s, you just need to try them and be sure they are comfortable for you. Tension on the headband can be adjusted but still some people just can’t get comfortable with them.

I know here in Rochester The Stereo Shop has them with their home audio stuff (Henrietta location). They have the SR60, SR80, and SR125 last I checked. Bring a CD in and try them out along with all of the many headphones they have set up there.

Koss KSC-75 is also a super duper budget on-the-run headphone. Cheap as shit and very portable with killer sound for <$20.

The Grado SR-60 and 80 are always a solid buy.

Sennheiser HD280s are nice as well and can be had around $50-75.

I’m a total whore for Beyerdynamics 770 (80ohm). They can be driven off of anything, are extremely comfortable and sound great. They’re more like $150 though.

Then there are a ton of good buys for in-ears. I’ve had a lot of them but always ended up getting sick of them after a while.

i got my 140 dollar Shure earbuds because I listen to music all day at work and they are good for when I play teh drums

using my grados while reading this thread