I now hate my Bose headphones: distortion after 1 month

So, is the general consensus to get a pair of SR-80’s?

Speakershop.com go visit them… :wink:

it does depend on taste and music you listen to… the grados are far from a studio sound… I like their warmth and the fact they are open element so I can still hear my phone ring at work.

[quote=“theblue,post:22,topic:39686"”]

it does depend on taste and music you listen to… the grados are far from a studio sound… I like their warmth.

[/quote]

Well, on a grado headphoes amp, they sound pretty fucking good to me. And its not like most studios really sound good, so that part confuses me… lol…

^^^
agreed - but some people like “studio sound” which makes them nerds. I don’t even have an amp for my headphones… just my grado 225s into my macbook.

[quote=“theblue,post:24,topic:39686"”]

^^^
agreed - but some people like “studio sound” which makes them nerds. I don’t even have an amp for my headphones… just my grado 225s into my macbook.

[/quote]

How does the macbook sound? I know the intel mac minis sound HORRIBLE out the 1/8", they have this dam buzzing sound. You need to use the optical into a decoder. My MBP sounds decent, but i like my now broken 1st gen ipod nano better…

i like my Shures because they will double as ear monitors for me in the future

Did not realize a macbook could adequately drive the 225s. good to know

[quote=“kansei,post:27,topic:39686"”]

Did not realize a macbook could adequately drive the 225s. good to know

[/quote]

All the intel macs put out some decent power.

older macs suck… my intel macbook does good enough for while I’m at work. someday I might get a nice external DAC/headphone amp and run it from that via optical from the macbook

Yeah my Philips SHP2500 budget headphones definitely sound a hell of a lot better than the free bose ones I have.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:18,topic:39686"”]

Koss KSC-75 is also a super duper budget on-the-run headphone. Cheap as shit and very portable with killer sound for <$20.

The Grado SR-60 and 80 are always a solid buy.

Sennheiser HD280s are nice as well and can be had around $50-75.

I’m a total whore for Beyerdynamics 770 (80ohm). They can be driven off of anything, are extremely comfortable and sound great. They’re more like $150 though.

Then there are a ton of good buys for in-ears. I’ve had a lot of them but always ended up getting sick of them after a while.

[/quote]

i bought the Beyerdynamics 770’s a couple years ago and they are by far the best headphones ive ever had. and ive owned just about every studio quality headphone on the market…including the industry standard AKG K240’s. worth every penny i paid for them IMO.

if your going to buy any type of speaker, car speaker, headphones home audio, if you didnt do it, your suppose to break the speakers in. dont play them loud for an extended period of time. people usually buy speakers and right away just blar them as loud as they can to see how they work. stupid. lol again not saying you did this.

I have a great set of sony v500 dj headphones.

Full over the ear design.

I’ve had them for a few years, they have great sounding drivers in them.

They are over the ear, and are a bit bulky, but I drag them on airplanes and such and they work just fine.

This thread cost me $142.xx for another set of Beyers. Fuck.

:bose:

Darude vs. Warp Brothers vs. Aquagen vs. Rockafellas - Da Phat Sandstorm Bass Track
+
bose headphones
+
winamp preamp & EQ functions

total annihilation

i feel better now

who has a high speed HD video camera? i feel like making a nitromethane & ammonia nitrate bomb to finish these fuckers off …

[quote=“Jon,post:3,topic:39686"”]

I <8 Sennheiser.

:tdown: to bose.

[/quote]

x1000

UE5c FTW (except budget, heh)

icemats<3