bose = grado < ????

once again my glorious set of grado headphones are fucked up

if grado is so much better then bose, im gonna have to assume my bose headphones were factory freaks, because they were as good as these pieces of shit

at this rate,by the time my warranty is up, ill have more $ into shipping then the headphones originaly cost

i use them at the computer, i set them down on the desk when not in use, ive NEVER pulled hard on the wires, never tripped on the cord or had it get stuck in a drawer, so unless the dog its having a tug of war w/ my headphones and then carefully putting them back in their spot, its totaly a design flaw on grados part.

I have two sets… sr-60 and sr-80

both didn’t play in the right ear… simple soldering and its done with SO… its very fixable on your own.

So this is normal to pay $100 for headphones that require finishing assembly before use?

actually, the problem is in the splitter block on the wiring, and me repairing them myself would require totaly replacing the wiring

they can foot the bill for shipping this time, as its their own crappy warranty repair that needs warranty repair

Bose is garbage…just sayin

we talking about quality control or sound quality? BOSE probably does have better quality control… but if they still sound like shit then who cares.

bose offers a “cleaner” design, making them LOOK like they are higher quality.

if you set my old bose triports next to mt grado sr80’s, the bose pieces look like they are ment for consumer use, the grados look more like prototype quality … the grados have some casting flash, some square corners here and there, but nothing major

when it comes to sound quality, HUGE difference. sounds that sounded fine on my bose units all the sudden sounded either way better, or way worse, and this is obviously because the grados play the music way more accurately

and oh yea, i just called Grado, lol. would seam that my answering messages got my point across pretty well, the woman knew who i was just by me saying “im calling about having warranty repair work done on my warranty repair”

• oh ok, is this in reference to the damaged cord?"

she probably heard my messages this morning and said, “aw hell, i hope im on lunch when he calls back today …”

shes gonna ask her supervisor to approve a call tag so that i dont have to pay for shi[pping this time around … yay

They might have an upgraded cord option (125 and up) see if they will throw that on - maybe it is better built.

the 125’s use the same cable cover, thats for sure, but oh well

maybe once they are repaired ill do a mod with windo weld to give it a flexable pigtail type end so this doesnt happen again. or maybe ill just keep sending them in for repairs

depends on if they pay for the shipping to send them in, lol