Grado sr80's - where to bu online and how to break them in ?

time to get a set, I’m just unsure where to purchase them from online. Newegg doesnt haven them and im not sure i want to go through ebay. they go for to close to retail to bother risking it

and whats the best way to break them in ? i figured id just set up some songs in winamp to play looped while im at work and such, but what songs should i play ?

http://www.google.com/products?q=Grado+sr80&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1

yea i know about google. lol

was hoping for more of the “hey ive bought stuff from www.ffhqhjfr.com and have no complaints” type response

www.ttvj.com

Killer guy. I think new customers get a $10 off coupon.

I used to own SR60s and upgraded to 225s. I did listen to the 80 and thought the 60 was just as good. I would go 60 or upgrade higher then the 80s.

I fucking love my sr60’s, and 80’s

Unfortuantely I think i’m limited by my sound card :*(

^^
if you pick up a USB sound card (there are a bunch) then you’ll find an instant improvement for cheap.

jesus christ, you gotta be kidding me here

grados will already be going back for warranty. design failure FTL

TTVJ +1

skip the 80s, go for 125s, the thign is, jump 60 to 80 isn’t worth it, I actually like the “cheap” 60s more. 225s… marginally worth it vs 125… imo, simplifying the line is:

60, 125, RS1. done :wink:

having owned a lot of stupid-expensive cans… that’s my take, ymmv

PS, as they say on headfi, my apologies for your wallet. right now I’m listening to custom UE5c :smiley:

so they lasted 9 days before, from box opening to dropping them back in the box for warranty repair. and i wasnt even home (or using them) for like 3 1/2 of those days, and the rest of the days in question they only got used in the evening.

it took me 3 1/2 months to bother sending them out, which i finaly did about 2 weeks ago

20 min ago they came back out of the box, repaired and ready to go again

ill update this thread in 9 days :rofl:

7 weeks, 1 hour and 45 minutes is what they lasted thsi time around

actualy, minus about 45 min, because at about 530 i called grado to bitch … which took 3 calls …

tomorrow someones gonna check the answering machine, hear my first message, hear my second message, and then hear my 3rd message, which ends with me bouncing the phone off the butchers block a few times while blurting vulgarities.

this week hasnt been good, at all, and i kinda snapped a bit …

call tag issued, will be picked up soon at grados cost

Mr Grado is aware of who i am :rofl:

apparently the first time they were in for warranty there was some discusion about weather or not the kinked covering for the wiring would be a problem again. the headphones and my paperwork actually sat on Mr Grados desk for a while while a decision was made. but somehow that didnt wind up being repaired, and instead they just got shipped back to me.

oh well, back they go. maybe 3rd time will be the charm

I <3 my Shure’s not 1 problem in 1 year :slight_smile:

Best of luck.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand … their still not back

these spend more time in for warranty then they spend being used

anybody want a set of slightly used very repaired grado sr80’s ?

new wiring, new speakers, already broken in via grado’s test bench (7 days continuous testing)

LOL @ slightly used very repaired

working great

but i did manage to somehow crash my computer when i plugged them in for the first time.

full comp rebuild, install windows
plug in grados, crash computer, reinstall windows
not all files copy off the disk, reinstall windows w/ a quick format
computer refuses to finish windows setup … reinstall windows again

my computer caught the grado bug …

my Grado grattle’s are on their way out again

i mean my sr80’s

so at this point, ive gotten 3 months of use out of my grados, does that mean i have 9 months of warranty left ?

Dude should have just gotten rid of em when ya could have and bought a pair of Shures.

the shures are “different”. it depends on the character you are looking for.