Attn: Techies - need advice on good headphones please!

I prefer ear buds, since they seem to be a bit more comfortable for all day wear and help with blocking out more of the ambient noise.

I wear them almost 8 hours a day, so spending a decent amount isn’t too big of a concern.

I’ve had suggestions for styles/brands all over the place, so I’m hoping for some personal experience recommendations. :number1

the dr beats are sick! and get the anti tangle ones they looks like flat spaghetti but they work! you can ball them up all you want in ur pocket or purse and they wont get tangled up def worth the money so you dont have to spend time untangling them

Dr Dre beats are pieces of junk FYI

I use Sennheiser HD 280, can’t hear shit with them on

I have these:

i like them. Comfortable and good sound. I was too cheap to pay for the noise canceling ones but i work in a quiet office so it doesnt really matter.

Full reviews at the source link

http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/817658/width/881/height/7016/flags/LL

/end thread

edit: as far as earbuds are concerned at least.

The site has plenty of good info on all the other types as well.

I don’t use earbuds, but my go to brand is Sennheiser.

do they make non bulky wireless head phones yet? And if no, why the fuck not.

I’ve used the Sony Ericsson Blue-Tooth receiver in the past with great success.

I’d just stream everything from the phone. Cheap too and you use any headphones you want with it.

On top of that if you got headphones with a mic and iPhone control, it works for that too.

Sony Ericsson MW600

JVC Marshmallow. Super comfy and not expensive. Give them a try.

who the fuck pays $1300 for headphones

What do you mean by non-bulky? On-ear versus over ear? Wireless ear buds?

I have a Logitech on-ear wireless headset I use for work, not bulky when compared to my wireless over ear Senns I have at home.

I was given a pair of Beatzzzzzz and although they sound okay, the quality is shit. They are less than a year old and already breaking.

Jeff - I’ve heard really good things about those/brand in general. That might be the way I go.

The problem with getting anything wireless is that I use them mostly on my work computer, so I don’t feel like dealing with syncing anything… just plug and play, haha.

+1, they are really good for the price.

But my go to earbuds are Sennheiser. They sound phenomenal for the money.

like these or the ones that clip to your ear and go to the back of your head… I hate ear buds, never stay on for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-570LP-BLK-Slim-Headband-Stereo-Headphones-Black-New-/261208537645?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cd13dfa2d

I hate big bulky head phones like the beats jointz for places like the gym.

you still gotta plug it in… im talkin like either a 2 peice unit, 1 peice hooks up to your iphone jack which picks up signal from the head phones or a 1 peice unit that syncs to your ipod/iphone… I hate lifting heavy weight and the cord stretching out of the jack mid set lol

Just clip it right onto your collar and hide the wire.

Battery power has to come from somewhere for the headphones to work…

rather just find legit wireless head phones lol… And you can make a rechargable unit or let it take the little watch batteries… Wish I knew how to invent shit, id make 10 million off this idea lol.

These are excellent at blocking background noise.
http://www.made-in-england.org/images/new_headphones.jpg

And so fashion forward!