ATTN VW / audi owners, whos all goin to H2Oi?

well with waterfest just last weekend, its time to start thinking about H2Ointernational. whos all goin?

http://www.h2ointernational.com/

not me.

Not me. Especially after the asshat in the S3 fucked that all up last year.

can someone tell me why VW/Audi meets always have something to do with water in the title? :confused:

air cooled (beetle, karman ghia, etc) hate the water cooled (mk1-5) vw guys. As a way to prevent a super gay clash of fat single 50 year olds and guido jersey boys/girls whose parents try to buy their love, they segregate the shows.

but yeah, car shows are gay. nothing like driving 300 miles to park…

really, wow…that is definately not the explanation I expected. :rofl: I agree though f show cars

That’s why I like Waterfest, because it is possible to auto-x, 1/4 mile, and hopefully next year, road race.
Plus, on something of the magnitude of Waterfest or H2O, I get to see people I talk to all year long on forums from various parts of the country. Dudes from places like California and Florida came in for it and I’d never hang with them otherwise.
H2O doesn’t cut it for me. Too many assholes with drunk horsepower. And the “guido Jersey boys” comment nails it. Too many 16 year-olds with parent’s money any more. I couldn’t believe the number of RS4’s being driven by douchebag 16 year olds at Waterfest. Like who’s parents are blowing that kind of money on their kid by buying them essentially a very expensive death trap.

totally agree Lee. Your car is done up very well but you realize there is more to cars than show. So many of the kids on the vortex for instance actually believe their POS mk3 jetta is something special because they spent years sourcing parts from germany and the netherlands to make it a eurospec piece of crap with stupidly stretched tires (yeah, a 195 on a 12" wide rim is a great idea) and basically just ball-riding each other so they are popular on the internets.

if there isn’t some kind of racing there, it’s not worth it.

FSHOWCARS

harsh crowd in here geeze. :rolleyes:

seems ive forgotten why i dont frequent pittspeed as much as i frequent my other forum. when was the last time any of you were actually there? from what iv seen, many of you arent into the actual scene, just worried about going fast for 13 seconds and stopping. owells. but theres so much more to H2O than just the show, its actually the low point of the weekend. the trip down (which is a huge part of having a car, DRIVING IT), hangin out with friends for the weekend and all the shenanigans…

I logged into the vortex yesterday and answered some questions that a dude had on his suspension, via IM, and checked rex_racer’s ground control advance design shock / autox thread

I try to go fast for at least 35 second and never come to a complete stop, but usually slow substantially during that time, then speed up again, and turn both left and right.

so what you are saying is that a caravan of asshats in “fast cars” riding on the burm and trying to pass on on-ramps is fun. yeah, real fun when they sideswipe a soccer mom. or maybe drive an a3 around a dirt oval and run into a parked trailer, then try to run from the cops.

The good thing about the vw scene is that people typically will go out of their way to help others, which is super great. Locally I’ve had a lot of help throughout the years. Honestly though, I just don’t get why “the scene” gets all giddy over obnoxiously expensive wheels and like DRL mods.

Anyway, if you go, have a good time man, I mean, to each his own, but frankly, I have better things to do with my time.

I don’t even drive a german car asshat. And if your head wasn’t firmly up your ass you’d realize that the only three people that replied to your retarded threat are AVID autocrossers and roadracers you fuck, not “street-racers” or hardparkers…and frankly only Lee and sonny have hardpark worthy vehicles…i certainly don’t

H20 is an ok show. It is fun to be in OC and hang out with your friends. Secrets sucks balls, so there isn’t much to do there beside drive from hotel to hotel drinking and visiting others. There is no racing since it’s a dirt track where the show is located. The dumbass from last year with the S3 is just one kid getting too drunk out of control then blaming it all on the death of a family member. You can’t count him as that doesn’t happen there very often if ever again. All in all, the only reason to go there is because the corvette meet is usually around the same weekend and I’d get to race one or two of them, so driving 7hrs to street race isn’t what I would prefer to do. Don’t take it personal steve, the only reason I do go to WF is because there is racing there, otherwise I wouldn’t really attend any shows unless they were local and even then like SuperJam which is an 1/8 mi even I don’t really care about! I think a lot of people on this forum are more into racing then the show scene hence why you aren’t getting favorable responses. Lee-saw your car under the tent @ WF. Walked around with Sonny and came back and it was gonzo. Maybe next time :slight_smile:

You guys finally made it? Did you race?
It was a slow weekend on the track. Too hot to watch from the stands and not many were running sub 12’s.
I busted out about 3pm Sunday because I had to be back for early workday on Monday.
Just to give the one guy some background- I started in air-cooled VW, and had numerous Sciroccos, an MK3 and a SC Corrado before the Audi.
I’ve been around that scene since some of the people going now where itches in their daddy’s pants. It’s funny, because the water-cooled scene, as a whole, is different now. I hate euro-style cars. Stretched tires are ugly as sin to me and serve no functional purpose. Tastes change and I’m too old, I guess. What makes a show winner in the dub scene these days is nasty in my eyes.
The asshats that ruined the Chili’s G2G at Waterfest this year, and the douchebags that drive like assholes on the roads- to, and around these events are why I limit the ones I go to anymore. At H2O I’ve seen too many accidents and morons like the S3 guy last year. It’s getting out of hand where the draw isn’t hanging out and socializing anymore, it’s seeing who can be the biggest ass in their ugly poked and stretched car.
I’ve been to every H2O. I just don’t enjoy it as much anymore. Not going this year. As I’ve moved out of VW and in to Audi stuff, Waterfest is the better choice for me.

We didn’t stick around much longer than that anyway since we also had to go to work’n’at. We were hanging out at the pits. I put some picts up in the other thread titled Waterfest, check em out. No, my car didn’t make it to WF. Mark Morris’ car did though, I think you might know him?

no, thats NOT fun, but youre only lookin at it one sidely. your gonna tell me that you only do waterfest because its at englishtown and they have a track? you dont look at any of the cars or manufacture tents? just go for the track events? i doubt that.

the scene thats all giddy over the expensive wheels are the typical kids that have MKIVs are MKVs that mommy and daddy buy, anyone who has been around the scene a few years realizes theres so much more to it than just that. even you said it yourself that. theres still some people that are true to the roots… im not saying you are wrong in what you think, but after going to H2O the past few years and many other shows & events, H2O blows the rest of them outta the water. granted there are gonna be a few of those people who try to ruin the good time (IE the kid in the S3 last year and those retards who pass on on ramps). i see completely where your coming from, and its those few people who give the general scene a bad name…

im not tryin to start a huge arguement, but everyone made such a big deal about waterfest, and i cant see why (its a shitty drive, the location is shitty, and the show usually dissapoints). i guess its the same reason H2O is such a big deal to me, while some of you think it sucks…

none of what i was posted was directed at you, you “asshat”, as you dont even drive a german car. get over yourself:kekegay:

thanks val, atleast you know where im coming from =)

Damn… I must be a redneck. Oh well. I rarely go to vortex anymore. I had to start a new user name (rxrep) last year because I was on there so little that I forgot my old user name.
I can see why the dubbers like H2O. But it isn’t that great for Audis. To each his own.
The fact that none of the various MK model owners even get along anymore is funny to me.
All I know is that any time I’ve ever been to a vortex or crooked euro function they look at me with this reverse fuckin’ elitist attitude (in general). Like I’m not “in” because I’m not in a dub. Which is funny because I’ve had more dubs than most of the fucks there.

I don’t get the alure of those stupid wide ass wheels. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks they’re retarded. Even worse are when they are wide white-walls.

I’ll be there!!!