a day in the life of a dubber (show n go) 50+ PICS

so dave (big red) chauffeured myself and the p00p c00p down to englishtown today for the spring show ‘n’ go.

i got a nice taste of the vdub world, pretty damn sweet. the variety of people that modify their vw’s and audi’s is awesome, there was some 40-50 year old dude’s with their families, some fine looking young ladies, the upper 20 y/o guys with the “businessman” look about them, the younger guys, and the real older crew in the old bugs (that i didn’t take too many picture of because they don’t do anything for me :lol)

all “captions” are above the picture they are describing

woke up this morning…

:ohnoes

so we were rolling pretty deep on the way down, this is the infamous “zwayne” in his mk2 jetta coupe 16v S/C.

then there was the other dave in his scirocco, a small pic of it here (on the right)

and then at the entrance to the show (skipping ahead a bit here, but the only other pic i got)

and i completely forgot to take a pic of kurt and his mk3 gti hatch… but we cruised down with him, too :lol

so. as you all know, dave has some baller-ass rimz. he THOUGHT he got the fitment down perfect last night, but he was mistaken :lol detailed pics of said rimz later, but here is the fender flare saga.

the rear tires were SMACKING against the flares and the fenders on any medium-major bump, causing the flares to come unsnapped and to be held on by only one screw. the first fix attempt resulted in just snapping the flares back into place… which held up for literally 2 miles.

we pulled into a rest stop and “fixed” it with electrical tape:

yeah… that didnt work so well lol. after 20 miles or so they had popped out again and we upgraded to masking tape.

here’s zwayneeboi adding more water to his coolant reservoir, it was burning off like a bitch, i guess

so that fix held up for a little bit:

then after 45min-1hr they started to get loose again, and we resorted to plan B… FUCK 'EM! (we put them back on when we got there)

so we arrive at raceway park at around 11:30 and see this gem right away:

niiiiiiice

rolling in to our spot i took some “fly by” videos, i guess you would call them. it was pretty empty at this point, nearly every empty spot was filled by 12:30-ish

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/show%20n%20go%204%205%2009/th_CIMG4876.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/show%20n%20go%204%205%2009/th_CIMG4877.jpg

opening the door of the coupe i have a nice view of this

and this

here’s the only other notable non VW/audi/porsche, a sc300 with a fmic (not pictured) dumped on 07-08 250z wheels, i thought it was interesting

now to pics of the p00p:

she was looking fine.

i planned on going up to the top corner of the bleachers to take a sky-view of the parking lot like i did for the import/domestic showdown a few weeks ago but i didnt get a chance to. that pic for those who don’t know the place:

some of the cars i liked in no particular order:

always one of my favorite audi’s:

i never saw this guy get a clean launch, but he trapped upwards of 130. i believe it was a highly modified 1.8T.

lulz (check the front plate, too)

yellow 20th squaddddd

sickkkk

this is dave’s buddy who he bought the panasports off of

his plate :rofl :rofl :rofl

a familiar car… (jeremy aka stockcarboy)

his paint gets the all-important kramerbuttz stamp of approval:

for some reason i hate this car. i hate how the guy put so much money into it and it looks like shit, to me at least. i hate how with 100% custom fenders and 100% custom wheels the fitment is still terrible. i hate the molded fender/bumper. i hate the ghey “boser” hood. and i hate the color.

plus the owner was a dbag when i was asking him a few question about his car :facepalm

it’s a turbo R32 for those who don’t know it

this dude was parked next to dave, made me lol

youve GOTTA make sure your wiper delete plug doesnt weigh too much…

i lol’d HARD when i saw this

mad awardz and shit. i liked the mirror hood thing. unique and cool

drool

so those were the “alright” cars (beside’s jeremy’s of course :D), here are my favorites:

i forgot to get a pic of the whole car but this is a custom painted b5 a4, the audi symbols were within the paint and only visible from some angles, i thought it looked great:

a new trend (to me, at least) is benz wheels on VWs/audis. i think it looks AMAZING, better then most porsche wheels if you ask me. so classy.

fitment on this is fucking EPIC

my second favorite car at the show:

mk4 2 door golf 1.8T GTI with a jetta front end and lowered on benz wheels.

simple, classy, and clean as hell. thats my favorite type of VW.

and my personal favorite, don’t get your hopes up, it’s nothing spectacular

i love that color, i love the wheels, i love the stance, i love that it’s simple, and the owner was a really cool, enthusiastic dude. the wheels are off of an e-class. i dont know if it won any awards, but i freaking love that car.

so we left around 3, and we went to the sloatsburg rest area just north of the NJ/NY border to take a leak, this is the tire damage for the day (99.9999% of the scraping was in NJ)

we pulled back out onto 87 N, heard a honk of a horn, turned around, and saw this fine gentleman, quite a coincidence :lol

niiiiice

back at the the big red residence, this is dave’s solution to the rubbing problem. fender flares to cover up shoddy bodywork ftw :tongue

tools used: adjustable wrench :rofl

well, there you have it, a day in the life of a dubber from the standpoint of a tall, goofy looking, nissan driving, bmw fanboi of a 17 y/o :smiley:

Haha good shit man!

Such a wierd bunch of people the VW guys are. And ALOT of the cars there sounded fast, but ran dog slow lol

Nice haha

i told you i had mad pixorz :smiley:

pics at motel b4 the show. im so Fing sick i drove from english town to saratoga to pick up my daughter with a 102.5 temp . i didnt place in the modifed beetle class witch i have no clue why. the car that won was a red beetle that a old lady bought everything you can buy for a beetle on ebay and she won. w.t.f

yeah the judges for the mk2 class were kind of sketchy looking, one guy i thought was a girl for like 5 minutes until i got a closer look… i dunno who you got. oh well. you win some, you lose some.

i thought dave had the best car in his class but i guess not. he had the nicest wheels, the nicest stance, one of the nicest paintjobs/detailing, the best swap, an above average recaro interior and the only one with the ralleye front end.

that lexus has a 2jz SON!! with a gt42 i think?? stock fuel though… so i guess it’s nothing to crazy…someday it will though

nice pictures

the red mk4, is Ed from Force Fed Engineering, made 812whp. he was having some clutch issues. car went well into the 130s still… ive posted pictures of the engine in the hardcore closeups thread… last year he went 10.6 @ 137 at 600whp, still a street car even with all the work it has… it was a good event. better than last year for sure. weather was great, aside from the winds.

it’s a built 1.8T, right?

it was very nice to hear beatiful soundtracks like these blowing by behind the show (skip to 2:00)

very built.

still a 1.8 liter, not stroked like alot do.

solid lifter AEB head, CAt solid cams, Autronic SM4 standalone, FFE sidewinder twin scroll manifold, twin disk fx700 clutch(was the shifting issue) BEP S372 with race cover… car made 812whp with room to go. revs high. stock 02m tranny, stock axles :wow 24.5 slicks, custom from brakes for the 13inch wheels… its a serious car.

marc from auto extrem is a 2.0/20v bw s364xl, 715whp, bosch/tapp 1000cc OTS ecu… he ran 9.54 today…very serious car.

did you hear the all motor VR6 mk3 gti(black) was running 12.20s all day… sounded NASTY

cool. certainly sounded spectacular. no vids of it up yet from today. i added a couple a few posts above

i went for the go, show is weak. and that yellow R32 wins everything it goes to… but owner is a typical show car douche.

EDIT Video of the all motor VR6. 2.8 24v. pure nasty

That yellow R32 looks like something the girls from 2girls1cup would eat

^haha^ nice

its true :lol

if you were to give anyone with two functioning eyes $20,000+ to modify the exterior of their car it would look 378925078934 times better than that. clown :lol

wouldnt take 2. thing is. the car was built for shows. the quality is awesome, paint is immaculate. and it has a check in every box… visually to most its hideous, but its a show car and it wins. and has won for years.

is it ugly, yes. do i like it, no. if it were mine would it be narrow bodied, turbo and not yellow, certainly

when you put it that way, doesn’t it almost seem like he’s cheating? :smiley:

i dont care if it wins shows or not its butt- f*cking -ugly!!!