Attn Washington and Greene County Pool Shooters.

I hope these types of threads aren’t frowned upon, if so, please lock/delete if necessary.

Anyway, I just wanted to get the word out that we (the American Poolplayers Association of Southwestern PA “APA-SWPA”) are looking to grow our Washington County Pool league, and start a Greene County league.

If you’re unfamiliar with the APA, please check out their official website:
http://www.poolplayers.com/

Here’s our local league website:
http://swpa.apaleagues.com/

Basically, you’ll have a team with 5-8 people on it, who compete against the other different teams from your area each week. Match play is held each week at hosting bars (each team has a “home” bar). At the end of each 16 week “session”, the top performing teams will compete in session ending playoffs. Thereafter, at the end of three sessions, there will be a final tournament for all the playoff winning teams, and the top winning team will receive a trip (airfair and hotel for all winning team players) to Las Vegas to shoot in the National championships (amoung other prizes for other teams). If your team wins in Vegas, your team will earn $25,000.00.

So, if anyone is interested in forming a team, please let me know, I will be happy to get you started. We already have a league established in Washington County, your team can be added to the current roster of teams, or if you’re in individual and simply want to join an existing team, that can be arranged as well. We’re currently looking to develope the league into Greene County, so any Greene County pool shooters who would like to form a team, please let me know.

We also host APA sanctioned open tournaments throughout the year, prize money of those are based on the number of entrants.

The best part of this league is that anyone can compete in it. From novice beginners, to skilled seasoned veterans. We have a scoring system that equalizes the playing feild. For instance, one person may be rated as a 3, and someone else a 7. If those two were to play each other, the person who is rated a 3, must only win 3 games before the other “better” player wins 7 games. There’s also prizes/money paid to top performing shooters throughout the sessions, list list of benefits is long, and to much to post right now, but would be happy to answer any quesionts anyone might have regarding the APA.

So again, if anyone has any questions, or would like more information, or would like to start a team, please feel free to PM me on here, or give me a call at 724-462-8197.

Thanks,
Jason.