ATV/Quad for clearing driveway

Does anyone use an ATV or quad with a plow to clear their driveway? We moved into our house this spring and with all the snow we have had so far this winter, we have spent a lot of time shoveling. We could get a snow blower, but I thought it might be a little more fun to get an older ATV with a plow. Just wondering if many other people do this and how much it might cost (ballpark). I wouldn’t need anything nice, just something that runs and that I can tinker with to keep it working.

I saw some people using an ATV to plow down the road from me and it looked like it was doing a pretty good job.

Tractor with a blade works well…chains on tractor

Thanks for the idea! I did a check on craigslist and that is a lot cheaper. I can get the tractor and plow for a lot less than the ATV by itself.

After dealing with the snow today I’d suggest spending the money on a blower for it not a blade. There was no where to put all the snow without a blower up my way.

I think a blower will be in my future for next season. This shoveling stuff sucks!

Yeah, I loved having a big driveway all spring summer and fall, but now I wish I was back in my townhouse

snow shoveling is fun, suck it up old people

Ya my wife and kids where at it all day and had fun

cant even find neighbor kids to help shovel for $

Snow Blower FTW. I’ll never shovel again.

no kidding… when I was a teenager that was a great way to make money. Damn kids are just lazy

My mom has a Honda Rancher 300 to keep the driveway open. She easily had 36" in her driveway today. It took me a while to get it plowed, but the quad had no problem. It did what a truck wouldn’t. When I lived at home, we had a Troy Bilt 18hp tractor w/ blower. It did fine, but the tractor sucked for traction even w/ chains and tire weights. The quad > *.

Of course, we get a hell of a lot more snow than you guys do too. haha. Cambria county sucks for snow.

the guy up the street comes down with his Honda Rancher Quad and does r lot with no problems at all & goes around to locals to do there’s as well with it…

on another Note tho The Honda Ranchers do go very well in the snow, Both of my uncles have a pair of them & there a blast in the snow

I was skeptical of the electronic shifting at first, but it’s still working strong.

I think my mom’s quad is like an 01. So that thing has been plowing snow on a mountain for 9 years strong. Plus she has horrible drifting. She has a spring assisted manual lift on the plow too. No nonsense setup.

Kids out here would have a heart attack shoveling snow in these driveways.

ya the electronic shift is bad ass…

my uncle has a pair of the Newer Rancher’s there 400’s, they have Engine Breakin, u can select between Auto & the Electronic Shift & 2wd & 4wd on the fly…there great ! !

I was shoveling Friday night, talking to myself outloud. “No… I don’t need a snow blower. I’m more than capable of shoveling.” I remember saying that a few years ago. And I did shovel just fine, it just took too long to do the job. And not all of you are young like I am. :smiley:

since i’m sure you know, what is the area of your driveway? I’m going to have to forward you an mspaint file to help me calculate mine… that’s the trick though, historically i was more than apt to shovel… now a days it’s tough

Here’s the snow that my mom’s quad cleared away. We shoveled what was plowed in so I could get my truck off of the road. Screw shoveling anymore than that. That’s the quad at the top. hahaha.