Audi 2.7t diverters

Has anyone used the APR R1 diverters? i was going to order them but i wanted to see what you guys think… is there something better out there. cars stock but its getting chipped and a full exhaust very soon. Please let me know what you think. also has anyone put a turbo timer in one? is it hard and is it worth it?

andy

[quote=“AKasprzyk”"]

Has anyone used the APR R1 diverters? i was going to order them but i wanted to see what you guys think… is there something better out there. cars stock but its getting chipped and a full exhaust very soon. Please let me know what you think. also has anyone put a turbo timer in one? is it hard and is it worth it?

andy

[/quote]

spend $70 and get 2 TT 710N DV’s. Any upgrade over that(unless you need the higher flow, which you don’t) is a serious waste of cash.

i say save for the downpipe upgrade to improve your power and longevity of the turbos. i heard a 200 degree drop of temperature on the turbo.

can i just pick up the dv’s from shmitts or autohaus? the 710’s?

[quote=“AKasprzyk,post:4,topic:33388"”]

can i just pick up the dv’s from shmitts or autohaus? the 710’s?

[/quote]

I have one brand new one on the shelf, but I’m out of town from tomorrow through 8/13. Sorry. And of course, you’d need another one anyway.

[quote=“SilverGT,post:3,topic:33388"”]

i say save for the downpipe upgrade to improve your power and longevity of the turbos. i heard a 200 degree drop of temperature on the turbo.

[/quote]

more info on this?

when I had my audi I got one from shmitts.

high flow downpipes have less backpressure and lower EGT’s (exhaust gas temp) dramiticaly.

i had a 710 in my car and i did not like it, everyonce in a whileit made a bad honking noise, and from what i hear it was failing. mabey it was just bad? tourn diaphram or something, but i got the forge 007 with the yellow spring and it works great

I have Forge DV’s in my car. And is your car auto or stick? I have a set of downpipes laying around for a manual transmission 2.7T I would let go real cheap.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:10,topic:33388"”]

I have Forge DV’s in my car. And is your car auto or stick? I have a set of downpipes laying around for a manual transmission 2.7T I would let go real cheap.

[/quote]

Don’t mean to threadjack, could you PM the details on these downpipes?

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:10,topic:33388"”]

[/quote]

ill take them if the price is decent.