Audi guys !

Quick question my step brother bought my old 99 1.8t awhile ago and the motor just blew on him (hes an idiot and never changed the oil) i everything is good except the motor and i was thinking about buying it and dropping int a 01 S4 motor and wanted to know about motor munts lining up , if the 5 speed will bolt up to the s4 motor (i know s4 are 6speed stock-thats why im asking)

thanks

tranny will bolt right up, but as for the motor swap is a lot of work, not worth in IMO. Plus then the tranny will blow, clutch will slip, then the rear end will die. Really not worth it.

Yeah thats what i figured… so im looking for another 1.8t motor right now

check the motor - 1.8t’s typically blow because of sledge in the head when neglected. might be able to get away w/ less than you think.

wanna sell it?

im pretty sure it would be a ton of work and cost to much. theres alot involved. its not just a motor swap. its a everything swap! but would be a nice sleeper.

What VW’s 1.8T will bolt up to my 98 A4 1.8t?

I dont think any if its quattro…2 drive shafts for the awd vs 1 for fwd, unless you plan on using the same tranny. Also Audi’s are longitudinally mounted…VW’s are transverse.

On second thought…maybe a Passat 1.8t will work…I think they might be longitudinally mounted, but I am not sure to be honest.

yes im going to be using the same tranny thats in it the 5 speed… I found a 1999 1.8t passat motor…anyone know if this will work?

it should, its an AEB code, same one thats in my coupe.

Passat 1.8T=Yes
Jetta/GTI 1.8T=No

Hey Justin so you sure that a 1999 Passat 1.8t will work with my ECU and everything?..

aslo its auto and im a 5 speed … should there be any problems with my tranny mounting to it ?

dont be dumb stick wit the origanal plan ya ass

no no this is a daily john… OG plan is in progress right now lol

ok ,i was ready to kick ya in the dick

nick you bitch. call/text me… :slight_smile: