Looking for 1.8t engine

Looking for a 1.8t engine to put in a 1998 Audi A4 1.8t. I have been looking on Vortex, Fortitude and Audi forum.com and ebay… was wondering if anyone knew of any for sale in the area or any places that might have one in the area

Thanks

what happened to the one youve got?

they should have one, cant say itll be cheap

http://www.shokan.com/

it was for a auto tranny and i heard that they are different cam shafts than manuals and wont work…

i havent gotten a deff anwser on if thats true or not

why would a cam matter what transmission was bolted to the block?

want to sell the head off it???

I decided not to buy it… its on craigslist… a full 1999 Passat Parts car the guy told me he would let it go for 700

idk it shouldnt but thats what i keep hearing on vortex and everything… people keep telling me that if the motor came off a auto tranny it wont work on a manual

the tail of the cranks are different.

and 700 for a used AEB head is nutso

I’ve got a 1.8T.

But it’s a Honda.LOL/JK

No No 700 for the whole 1999 Passat 1.8t… I guess the interior is black leather in really good condition motor and tranny work great… i was just gonna buy it pull the motor and then part it out bc you could get that back EASILY from the car…

so being that the tail of the cranks are different will it work or no?

why would you waste the time swapping the car from auto to 5 speed? youve got to change so much that it wouldnt be worth it in the end.

you can get 97-98 A4 1.8T quattros, running, in decent shape with 5 speeds for under 5,000$

It already has a 5 Speed in it with a blow motor… im not swapping it to a 5 speed… the motor in the Passat has a auto tranny that I would like to swap in my car…

so thats why i was asking since the tails of the cranks are different would that motor with the auto tranny bolt up and work fine with my 5 speed?

i wouldnt bother. whats wrong with the engine in the car now? why is it “blown”

Not sure yet… long story short… I was the OG owner of the Audi and then sold it to my step brother for 6k 2 years ago and then he called me 2 days ago and then offered him a grand for it and picked it up… im going to be pulling the motor apart with my roommate in the next day or so bc it possibly could just use a head…idk yet…

the head bolts require a special tool. its called a “poly drive”

Yeah my roommate is a tech at Otto… he has pretty much all the tools im gonna need

its a VW/Audi/Porsche specific tool.

If he doesnt have it … how much does it cost?

18.00 from www.GERMANAUTOPARTS.com

but ill rent it to you for 10$

http://www.germanautoparts.com/images/7607a6e2036313458313e4d4/f

hey brett IM me on AIM h0twired3
thanks