ATTN honda heads!

i know shit about hondas, so i have some stupid questions. here is the problem, we need an auto tranny for my brother’s 91 integra.

questions-

1. what tranny from what cars will work in his car?

2. does anyone have one that will work and how much?

3. how hard is a 5spd swap?

4. does anyone have the shit needed to do it?

5. who would want to do it and how much?

ask smort38, hes helped me with all my swaps… and fofo412, has a 90 or 91 teggi, he might know too, good luck

1. 90-93 non-vtec b18a1 tranny’s will work… the 1.6l is different.

2. should be a fairly easy junkyard find.

3, 4, 5. The difficult level of the auto-manual swap lies in how much the installer knows. If you knew enough to change a tranny and you had a donar car there, you could do it. …I would offer to do it, but I dont have the shop ready yet for it.

Any b series cable tranny should work. Auto to manual conversions aren’t very complicated but they can be a pain in the ass. You’ll need the man tranny, axles, man flywheel, clutch, master cylinder, pedal set. I’m probably forgetting something.

will a auto trany from a 89 accord work? i think it’s a 2.0 sohc.

No. Try finding another auto teg or a manual teg and do some borrowing.

we found a freebie accord that’s why i asked.

The accord is a f series. Too bad I don’t still have my beater teg. I had a '90 that I would’ve let someone rip apart.

I was searching for a cable Bseries tranny for a friend…hard to find not hammered to pieces lately.

Ritalin…he’d also need the manual ecu wouldn’t he?

Yeah. Haha I just woke when I typed that shit out. I knew I forgot something.

I never did a 5speed swap in an integra, but I did in a 6th gen. It was pretty easy in that. I don’t know how much of a difference it is from the DA, though.

why do you need a manual ecu?

You can use an auto ecu, but there’s more wiring to do. I can’t remember exactly what needed jumped if we didn’t have the manual ecu.

the only real hard part about the 5 speed conversion on the 2g integras is the upper passenger side transmission mount. it’s not going to line up. the last one i did i cut the mount out of a 5 speed car and welded it to the auto chassis, but still a pain in the ass.

actually you would not need the auto computer either you can convert autos to manuals in fact i think the one in munsters car is one that i did … i could be wrong i did like 5 that day

Converting to manual also requires a little wiring work that is pretty easy with a helms ETM but a pain otherwise. Things like reverse lights and an interlock solenoid or two need rewired a bit.

I knew that you could convert them but I never felt like doing it. The sixth gen that we did we just used the manual ecu to save us time rather than screwing with it.

i know hasport makes a conversion mount for the 3rd gen integra but i’m not sure about 2nd gen

here is a good parts list

an 89 accord is an A30A3 i believe.

too much trouble IMO, should have just bought a 5 speed