Audio folks

Need some help here, im going to be buying a L5 solobaric sub, i was wondering what kind of amp should i get to power this, Right now I have a mono MTX amp powering 2 12 kickers, should this amp be ok for the L5?

Thanks

how many watts in the current amp?rms…peak?

that amp would be fine …

PM me if ya need the hookup on the kicker … we have them in stock

Im not a fan of kicker but they do a good job for the price. That amp should be ok

what would you recommend?, im not into that hardcore bass, so im not really sure what to go with here.

I mistyped earlier, I only have 1 12 kicker in there now.

My only beef with kicker is the square design gives off some really goofy frequencys. How much are you looking to spend.

Also If you ever plan to compete which i dont think you will, kickers like to get stuck in the OUT position lol.

If you want high quality, let me know i can get really good prices on Elevation Audio. 1 12inch Comp or Pro would do fine for you. www.elevationaudio.com.

Let me know.

If you want clarity dont go with Mtx kicker any of the brands at circuit city, theyre made to go thump thump and thats about it.

MTX 5500’s or 7500’s…much cleaner than kicker

lol no im never competing, i just want a bit more bass than this current kicker is giving me, nothing more, nothing less. Simple :slight_smile:

ehh, those subs on that website look expencive, too expencive for me.

Whats a good sub amp?

7500’s are a lot…but the 5500’s are $150 ea, which is the same that you would be spending on one L5…I like Kicker’s new amps, and I like MTX’s TA series amps…I’d say go with a TA5601 MTX amp if you’re gonna go with the 5500’s

get the kicker. dont listen to the russian i used to be against teh kickers but i finaly manned up and got one. the ORIGINAL kicker solos got stuck not the new ones. do some research tool. my kicker hits strong all day long in my car. i have one l7 and im hitting 140 dB wtih it. i have trophys because of my kicker. how many torphys do you have russian??? besides kickers are easier to get replaced if one dies, their tech is really good. really goofy frequencies??? like how??? proof??? i have no goofy frequencys and ivbe been on a meter a million times it hits the same SPL at the same Hz all day long its solid… its not muddy bas either its really tight notes. get the kicker and be satisfied. make sure your coils are bridged right so your not running incorrect ohmage or youll be poppin shit. thats no good. lol.

I havent competed yet as my current system isnt meant for it.

I have no knowledge of their new shit, only horror stories from buddies that had theyre older shit.

Ill take your word for it that they have improved now.

No need to make attacks.

had older shit like when??? like 2001 when they were first on the market. i didnt really mean to make an attack but you proved my point. youve never had a kicker you say your friends have. why even give him input when youve never had the thing youre bashing? buickgn, if you dont want the square, check out the CVX model thats new this year, its a round l7, quite the leet sub. and my current system wasnt designed to compete either, its one sub in a prefab box running off a 130 dollar audiobahn amp. there is so much room to improve on my setup like adding a line driver, a new amp, some dynamt and a tuned box just for starters. i could easily pick up 5-8 dB just by doing that. THEN it would be competition designed.

well ive had kickers in my GN also and nothing ever happened to them bad, and my current kicker is good also, i dont see the problem with kicker, but i dont compete nor will i ever.

hmm those CVX subs look nice

kicker amp for a kicker sub, dont sell yourself short. do it right the first time and be happy…

you going for loud or SQ

word…MTX amps are pretty powerful that are not rated at 12 volts and not 14 like most are…my MTX Sub amp has powered everythign i have thrown at it

ok heres my current amp

Phoenix Gold Octane-R 2.5:2

Details:
» 50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
» 75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
» 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
» 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
» stereo or bridged mono output
» variable high- and low-pass crossovers (40-400 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
» blue LED logo illumination and optional blue neon attachments
» variable Twin “T” bass EQ boost (0-15 dB boost at 45 Hz)
» requires 8-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
» 25-amp fuse
» preamp outputs
» 10"W x 2-9/16"H x 10-13/16"D
» warranty: 1 year

This is powering 1 kicker sub in a matched box, im thinking this will not power the l7 or l5 for that matter?, i know its bridged to 150W right now. All this shit is confusing to me. lol so ignore my whole original post as i screwed up everything.

I have a kicker 12 and this amp, the MTX amp is powering my other 6 speakers.

gettign old sucks ass.

want an MTX Class D Sub amp 250RMS…

taht amp wont work for either of the subs. you need at least 500 rms at 2 ohms.

hmm shit