Aug 21st Cruise IN for HOPE!

ZANY (Z any Z), V I P (Vette’s in Perfection) and New York Racing Association would like to welcome car enthusiasts to the Saratoga Flat track for a “CRUISE IN for HOPE” Benefiting the Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research. Sunday, August 21, 2011 – 9am to 4pm

http://www.nyra.com/index_saratoga.html

Japanese, American, European and British Sports Cars are all welcomed. Trophies in 18 individual categories as well as Best in Show!

Registration (100% Tax deductible) $25.00 --> Cars will be displayed in the Race Course parking lot all day. 250 spaces are set aside up front. Which will make for a short walking distance into the track. Come hang out at the show, enjoy a day of racing with seating in the paddocks or grandstand. Admission $3-5. There are some amazing food vendors. Lots of beer, adult beverages, water & soda can be found. $3 domestic beers this year!!! :beer :tbu

For Info call Jeff Fox 518-859-9726 or email 70240z@nycap.rr.com

Come support this cause! Please… This is a non for profit event!!! All proceeds will be going to the Lustgarten Foundation. We have already pledged $500. :rockon

See you there.

I will drop off some flyer’s tomorrow at Albany Speed Shop.

Additional sponsor’s are always welcome. Sponsor’s can have their name added to the Trophies, Websites, T-shirts & flyer’s. Contact Jeff Fox for more info.

I’ll speak to Daryl Friday about it.

Bump! This is less then a month away.

Kris

TTT

Bump 3 days away!

might try to make it up…but why is there no info about it on the website?

Not sure which website you are referring to?

Parking will begin @ 9am. All cleaning must end by 11:45am

Voting begins are 12pm & ends at 1:30pm.

Awards will begin at 2:30pm

-Registered participants will receive 20 tickets to vote for vehicles. You can vote in any categories you choose or give your vehicle 20 votes. It is up to you.

-Others may get in on the voting as well. For each $5.00 donation to Lustgarten people will receive 10 voting tickets to vote for the cars they like.

-To vote for a car, simply place a ticket, or tickets in the envelope on the windshield. Most tickets = First Place. We will have first and second in each category.

-Best in Show will be chosen by a NYRA representative.

If you are not attending, you can still register as a supporter by going to http://2011albanywalk.kintera.org. Once at the site, go to Team: Cruise in for Hope. Then enter a donation amount.

Remember your registration is a TAX Deductible donation to Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research. You can write your registration check directly to Lustgarten Foundation. It can be more than $25.00 as well.

It is a “give away” day at the Race Course. If you pay the $3.00 entry to Race Course you will get a sport bag with Saratoga logo. Cars in our show do not pay for parking at the track so that is already a $10.00 savings and we will be right next to the Valet Parking area (Valet Parking costs $25.00!)

We will have several tents and I will try to capture a picnic table for folks who want to go to the races. (If folks have EZ Up tents, we can always use more. I am going to get there very early to try to snag a picnic table for folks to use.

the 25$ may be deductible, but many people do not exceed the standard deduction that the IRS puts in place, so it really is never seen again. but it is a great gimmick.

It’s all for a good cause! Not to mention it’s the VIP parking lot up front. Which makes for short walks back and forth from the track to the show.

People can donate as much as they would like! $25 is the minimum. The Z/vette clubs alone have pledged $500

100% of the $25 goes to the Lustgarten foundation!!! You can’t beat that… Checks can be written straight to the Lustgarten foundation at the entrance to get in to this event.

the website you linked…

It won’t be on the track site. I just used that for information on all forums. To help with directions & familiarize people with the Saratoga race track that have never been there.

http://events.timesunion.com/saratoga-springs-ny/events/show/199734245-cruise-in-for-hope

http://www.capitalcarshops.com/2011VIP.pdf

Some links/sites I found with a simple google search.

or you know just have a link/flyer in the main post cause most people wont care enough to google it and just blow it off…

I am just the middle man. Doing what I can, to get the info out there. Best I could do.

I’ll be in attendance Sunday. I should cruise in around 9:30-10am. Pickup my free give away bag & make my race picks for the day. I don’t wanna have to do any cleaning!!! I’ll have it all done before the car leaves the garage. Do a quick wipe down and call it good. I hate detailing my car at a show. Become a sweaty mess.

Hope to see a great turn out! I don’t know any shows that give 100% to charity!!! Great sponsors!!! With any luck the weather will cooperate.

I don’t have a scanner… I’m also kind of Mac illiterate at times. :banghead

TTT for tomorrow!

Don’t bother shining up the Nismo…80% chance of rain!

Weather man is always wrong! Sun is shinning… Look at yesterdays weather. If it rains it won’t be till later this evening or tomorrow :wink:

There is a band of shower out by Rochester. It is what it is. See what happens. I need to wake up & get my ass moving.

The weather was nice up until around 12:30 when the storms rolled through. Lots of Vette’s, Z’s, along with british, german, italian and american sports cars. The two clubs managed to raise over $2600 for the the Lustgarten Foundation. No small feat, considering the impending wrath of nature that was predicted.

I didn’t even get to vote. Opps!

We waited out the storm in the car, grabbed the umbrella & went into the track. Enjoyed the rest of the day with grandstand seating. In between storms the sun was out and it was gorgeous. Also enjoyed a nice cool breeze and didn’t get baked at the track for once. A good day indeed. It was better then staying home.