auto ------> 5spd

Bassically im hoping to do the swap in my garage but am wondering if anyone whos done the swap has either sum time saving tips or can give me a link to a step by step sort of guide… any help would be appreciated, Thanks

look up nicoclub/zilvia- i used that guide to help when i did my swap

There is lots of info just from my own experience on this sites, questions i asked, solutions i was given, solutions i have given others.

Im not going to search for you, but there are TONS of resources on this site alone to help you out where the step by step’s dont give certain info.

It really is quite simple though.

getting the auto pilot bushing out i found was the biggest bitch. Get an extension from your rachet set, cover it in tape so it is really tight in the tranny.
get some grease stick it in the hole and then smash the extension in. 5 hours of trying every other method until i found this that took 5min.
Other then that use the one on nico I found that very helpful. Also Getting the top bolts off the tranny is a huge pain, i would say jack up the engine so your hand can fit better behind the engine.

yo, for a step by step guide go to your nearest bookshop, chapter, indigo ect… go to the magazine section and buy the newest issue of project car magazine. they do a complete step by step auto to 5 speed swap on 240 coupe. its a pretty good write up complete with pics, also show coilover install and such. the mag has a white 240 coupe on the front…

sick, thnks everyone… ill b starting tomorrow so wish me luck…lol

Good luck man, the 5 speed swap has been the best thing I’ve ever done to my 240!

Yes, excellent issue Jan/Feb 2009 - it’s still on the racks

picked up the mag today… doesnt get much better… :slight_smile: was also wondering if anyone knows of a got shop i can go to, to have my drive shaft cut and re-balanced?

buy a used 5 speed transmission driveshaft and save urself the trouble