auto appraiser

IS anybody on here, or recommend somebody, who could write up a car appraisal?

what would the appraisal be used for?

kbb.com

put in mileage and options on a car

car is worth between fair and good for trade in value as long as it has a clean car fax and no body damage

ballpark

my sister got in an accident with her civic. somebody pulled out in front of her and her car was totalled. now they are offering her less than half the value on kbb claiming that similar cars on (get this) craigslist are going for similar prices… her lawyer said she needs two appraisels of the car’s value, pre-crash. she got one done so far… i’m just getting tired of towing the car all around

it sounds more like a body shop appraiser more then a used car appraiser… it’s hard to say what the cars worth with it being crushed up

just make sure NOT to cash the insurance check

i heard about this was other persons fault and now the ins co doesnt want to pay so they are making up stories wish i could help you out but i dont know anyone! GL with everything!

^Thanks man. Yea a bodyshop recommended me to find an “appraiser”, i never even knew there was such a thing for cars lol. Besides the hood and headlight on the car you can pretty much tell the rest of the car is in excellent shape. No other dents, dings, no rust either.

where is the car located?

Its in Selkirk

tell the insurance company to eat crow. give you the full nada retail value plus tax like they are supposed to. tell them you will go to arbitration if necessary.

We’ve been doing that for three weeks…they won’t budge.

so hold on I am missing something here? They want the value of what the car would have been PRE-WIPEOUT? Thats retarded. Look at KBB, from Exc. to Poor it usually isnt too much different. No paint dings dents chips, clean un molested interior, runs and drives good = Exc. lots of dings, rust chips, pissed on torn up interior and runs like a bag of shit = poor.

The governor could look at it and select a radio button from KBB.com for fucks sake.

Insurance companies are scumbags and idiots. craigslist to see how much a car should be worth! ROFL. yeah because the rich guy who doent care about loosing money sells his car that KBB’s for 10K and sells it off craigslist for 1$ thats really an accurate representation for the value of the car. On the flip side, what if someone reallllly wants that car and is willing to pay MORE than KBB said so in craigslist? what a joke.

contact NYS

http://www.ins.state.ny.us/

they will help you in this case.

I work for an insurance company, but I’m not an appraiser…an appraiser won’t do much for you, its about how they are determining the value. They should be doing the “two book value” which I believe is Red Book Value and NADA averaged. They take into account mileage and pre-accident condition which is really all the appraiser could judge (was it covered in rust, pre-existing damage, etc).
Insurance companies don’t use KBB, so don’t reference that. They do look at what other vehicles of similar age and options go for in the area, I don’t think they should be using Craigslist though.
Not that this helps you out much, but just wanted to put in my .2c.

Definitly contact the insurance department and file an official complaint, they’ll get involved right away.