Auto Dream SR20 Swaps

JDMsource in Calgary also does Swaps do they not? Not knocking on autodream My car has had lots of work there and if there was a problem with something i took it back and they fixed it right away but both JDM and Autodream are Good shops

just wonderin phat240, what did it cost u for the swap at autodream and wha did u end up getting? cause i know at sumarus the price included stage 2 clutch and intake i think and will my car roll out of Auto Dream wit the same hp and torque?

Sumaru Autosports or something, that quoted me 7 but that was after market intercooler, trubo, and koyo rad aswell as some other things i cant quite remeber what the guy was tellin me.

cause i know at sumarus the price included stage 2 clutch and intake i think and will my car roll out of Auto Dream wit the same hp and torque?

do not go to sumarus! they sqrewed me out of so much money and wasted several months with swapping my engine. and all i got in return was a damaged car (scratched fenders) and oil leaks coming out of everywhere. they have terrible customer service and do horrible work. i could go on but im sure most people are aware of the work they do…

ya im not going to. im just realy concerned about the price i realy want the most for my dollar… witch by the way isn’t all that much. but i’m lookin to spend tops 5 - 6 grand.

my swap wasnt done at autodreams.

i just know that they would do a better job
mine cost 8-9 grand at sumarus. if u have limited amounts of dollars just get it instaled stock. dont upgrade anything other than the clutch. beside ull have more than enuff fun with a stock engine.

but in the end im probably gonna b spending like 7 - 8 cause i want some where around 300hp

Do it yourself. It was my First swap and it did not take that long with the help of some friends.

But if you can’t go to AutoDreams in Calgary. I bought all of my parts there and they were great about it. I have seen a couple swaps they did and they turned out great. One was actualy swaped twice becasue the first engine was a dud, and it came out looking pretty good for being done in 1 week.

My home done swap costed me about 5800 for a FMIC, BOV etc. But i also replaced every gasket and rubber hose on the engine so i know it will not be leaking any fluids.

For 300HP on a SR just but a used T28, some bigger injectors and a SAFC2 and you should be very close to 300 hp.

see i want to do it my self i just kinda scared. ive gone through one engine already and its forced me to start workin on my car early and my whole plan is to make then thing like new so i need the engine to run as such. just a lil iffy in the tuning department and what extra parts i will need. is there a list some where i can get of what i need?

Do it yourself. It was my First swap and it did not take that long with the help of some friends.

But if you can’t go to AutoDreams in Calgary. I bought all of my parts there and they were great about it. I have seen a couple swaps they did and they turned out great. One was actualy swaped twice becasue the first engine was a dud, and it came out looking pretty good for being done in 1 week.

My home done swap costed me about 5800 for a FMIC, BOV etc. But i also replaced every gasket and rubber hose on the engine so i know it will not be leaking any fluids.

so the 5800 inluded engine and parts or was that just for the parts cause i know u can engines for aroun 2500. also just wonderin how it ran after u swapped it. ive heard horror stories of guys swapping and within minutes of driving it was dead.

we had it runnig a hellva lot better than mine was.

this was when u got sumaru to do urs?

motor- 1700
aftermarket -3000 (intercooler mounts rad bov exhaust work ecu)
gasket set- 650 ish??
Fluids, hose clamps 100

So i am close. It ran great and put down 261 and 273 on the dyno this summer at 14 PSI.

whered u find the motor?

Private sale. :E

who has had there swap done by autodream?

Do they tune it and shit for u? Or do they just get it running and leave the rust up to u…

What about parts, what do u do if u have an sr20 and you need an alternator, or you need a clutch. Do you have to import all the parts from japan?

If you get a stock engine there is no need to tune. There is alot of cross over parts but some are japan only. However there a alot of shops in the states that stock all of the relevant parts.

they will check timing for you! Not hard for them to do it and makes a better running car so more happy customers.

i will blurt out speedtechs secret! their wiring is allways messed and somehow allways ends up back at autodream :slight_smile:

haha