Auto Dream SR20 Swaps

i fifgure that i have 2 choices… take it to auto dream or do the swap my self. doing the swap myself i will save more money that cold go towards mybody or even engine mods. however going to Auto Dream will ensure the jobs dun right. i just dun wanna screw anything up. i’d have to enlist in some of NECC members to help.

That is exactly what i was thinking. I think its ‘safer’ to go to autodream, but me and my dad could do the swap just as well, would take longer, but it would be fun too…

For the swap I did in my garage, it cost me around 3700 IIRC. Thats with the stock SMIC and clutch.

But if you don’t want to bother with everything and would rather have pretty much no down time in comparison $4500 is VERY much worth it.

im leaning towards doing it myself, just cause i have other plans for it, ie. S15 conversion, paint, the suspension im lookin at gettin some tien flex and other things as well. if i put the engine in myself stock do i need boost controler, turbo timer or any of that other stuff?

You don’t NEED a boost controller, but they are a very cheap way of getting more power. I have a “manual turbo timer”… I let my car run for a while before I shut it off after I drive it hard.

what exactly does a turbo time do… its been a mistery to me! :rolleyes: im more of a body guy and well tryin to tackle and learn more baout my engine.

Turbo timer lets the car run for a while after you remove the key to cool doing the oil/coolant in your turbo.

I say do it your self, the wiring is easy, and it honestly bolts right in. The only part i had to modify was the hole for my FMIC.

If your looking at doing the swap yourself, I would read up on the swap a little more and maybe invest in a necc membership for some discounts on parts you will need.

ok but when i actually put the motor in and i want to use a Z32 MAF and larger injectors and quite possibley a larger turbo i need to tune it correct? :rolleyes:

yup! you’ll need to get your ecu tuned to read the bigger injecters and bigger maf

THat would be a good idea. :rolleyes:

yeah but from personal experence i would throw a stock engine in first. drive that for a while then upgrade everything. but when u upgrade then u will have to go with a ecu re-flash or safc 2 or power fc or stand alone.
i have a safc 2 and it works great but im gonna bet my ecu tuned at autodrams sometime this year.

Thats about half of it hahaa

ya i think i mite go the route of gettin an FMIC, clutch and stock parts for a while and focus on suspension and body work.

Thats about half of it hahaa[/quote]

Yea the other half is done somewhere else too.
But i can’t let marvin’s secret out :!:

so now i need to finda place that will hook me up with an engine… know any where good?

search in the future, this stuff has been covered before.

But jdm source in Calgary is probably the place to go. I think auto dream gets their engine from them too.

what the fuck where’s my post… :finga:

ive have nothing but good things to say about sumarus(reg).he is pricey but ive gotten alot of stuff done out of good heart and not charged on he is great and good service always looked after me.
i had my engine built by reg and it has run but not been driven so there is still a chance for somethign to go wrong but ill see. ill keep everyone posted.

going back to sumarus is part of there 10 step program, it takes 10 return visits for them to work out all the problems…