Auto Dream SR20 Swaps

Im lookin to get a swap done, now im wonderin if auto dream in calgary is a good place and wondering if any body has gottin it dun there and for how much?

I’ve heard nothing but good about autodream. I haven’t dealt with them personally but when my swap gets done thats who’s doing it.

Give then a call. Im gettin my exhaust from them, best price on a HKS HI-Power yet. PM me for the #

4500$ with a SMIC is what Marvin quoted me

if you get a FMIC get your pipes coated!! you will regret it if you don’t

they sound really good. there was another place in calgary… Speed Tech. they quoted me 4000 with stock parts SMIC and every thing else… theres a place in edmonton, Sumaru Autosports or sokething, that quoted me 7 but that was after market intercooler, trubo, and koyo rad aswell as some other things i cant quite remeber what the guy was tellin me. with Auto Dream does anyone know if the 4500 included purely stock or was there aftermarket parts involved?

why would i need to get them coated. sorry kinda naive in this subject… slowly gettin into the tuning and engine know how and what.

I just called autodream 2 days ago and talked to marvin. He told me 4500 for red top,tranny,ecu,SMIC, ps lines and 3 in downpipe. For a FMIC it was 5400 and that also included an HKS BOV. he told me they could have it up in running in 1 day or 2 and at least 3 if the piping gets powdercoated. He told me the powdercoating is mainly to prevent corrosion. Hope this helps

Don’t go to Samarus. Apparently their awful.

this is what ull get from sumarus. i delt with them to and was told 7 grand to but it came out to around 8-9, go with autodreams. i have heard from a little fairy that speed tech takes ur car to get swapped but instead of doing the work themseves they take it to autodreams and say that they did it.

this is what u get with sumarus!

they sold me a swap that couldnt make from the west side to the east side unless i stopped to fill up. they stated that i paid for a running swap and thats what i got, but i got was a car that was running so rich that for me to get 300km i paid $100 and that was when 91 was at 0.86. also my car would studder and stall unless i had my foot on the gas at all times. when i went back about the car running terribly rich he told me that if i wanted him to tune it and find out what was wrong with my car it would cost me for him to diagnose it. and his time is money. well i left it with him for a week and nothign was dont to it. the custom bottom mount exhasut manifold they sold me cracked 3 days after i got my car. less than 500 km. went back to find out about the mani. was told that it was a ss auto crome and were very surpised that my gt25r turbo cracked it. and would not give me back my money even thou they told me it was a custom exhaust mani and i told him if i knew it was an ss auto i would not have bought it. when i went back to pick up my car the third time after he put the stock manifold on he got into a argument with my friends about stuff that was said on this forum. after this i said i was never dealign with them again and what was wrong with my car was a maf and tunning but i was really amazed that a shop that was so well known for doing sr swaps couldnt figure out a simple lack of air going into the engine.( i think he just wanted to suck somemore money out of me but i didnt buy into it.)

all in all i would like to thank flavio, mike, kent and rob for helping get my car runnign good and i support autodreams for work with swaps.

also apex for helping me tune my car this past week. 276hp 272 fp tq

sorry for and typos or shit running on i did this at night after a long day of nothing.

wow dude that helped alot! i realy appreciate the info. i’d like to thank those guys too… cause with out them then there wouldn’t of been your post that swaded my desition. now i have an issue how would i transport my car from edmonton to calgary cost effectively?

does ur car run?

maybe try a local trucking company that makes run to and from calgary daily. theres lots of options.

great shop to get stuff done at :slight_smile: nugyen knows whats up :slight_smile:

There is a secret about Speedtech and SR20 swaps, I’m not gonna say anything, I’ll let someone else blurt it out!

Yes get our piping powercoated, its like 150 or 200 bucks, looks better, is will not rust.

Great install and if anything is wrong they don’t mind at all looking to cure the problem ASAP

someone please blurt it out…im either getting my swap done at autodream or speedtech. Are speedtechs prices relatively the same? Is speedtech still a good reputible shop? anyone with first hand experience please tell

Something Honda/Acura, go to speedtech. Everything else, go to Autodream

Not to sit here and bash Speedtech because I’m sure the guys there arn’t idiots and do know their stuff. However speedtech has always been more expensive than anyone else out and will not even match other companies.

I’ve never been a fan of them ever since I started buying parts for my 240. From my experience, Autodream has always been pretty layed back about things and welcome to anyone. You walk into Speedtech and they have to ask 3 other people to know whats in stock or how to order things. Its a totally different atmosphere of the “spend money and prove yourself” attitude, while Autodream is there to help first, and I garuntee you’ll buy your parts there instead because of it. I researched tons and tons of shops in Calgary for swaps. I went into Autodream, asked for a price of the stuff I had listed and put down a 3000 dollar deposit that day and payed the rest off when everything was finished. I dunno how to describe it man, maybe its because I went there a lot and got to know mostly all the guys, but its just better hahahaha

autodreams is the one to go with. they will have ur car done fast and done right. i think speedtech is more of a honda shop myself

koo thanks alot!
any one know where i could rent a car trailer?

budget

^^^^^^^or u haul…