auto -> manual swap (fuse box plugs)

Hey there.

Can any of you tell me what to do with those plugs? I know the 8 prong plug from tranny, i gotta do something to that one for the reverse lights to work, but dunno what to do exactly.

The neutral sensor from the tranny and those 3 plugs that were on the side of the fuse box, are they totally useless now?

I also know i have to tap the 2 prongs from the neutral sensor that was under the fuse box as well for the car to start properly.

Also, there’s another plug that connects to the power steering lines. What’s this for? Monitors the power steering pressure or something? Is it really that useful cause the plug i have is totally messed up and one wire is ripped apart.

http://www.zallow.com/240sx/manual_swap/fuse%20plugs.jpg

So just wanna clarify everything for everything to work out fine.

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

Neutral Sensor Under Fuse Box Jumper it Together and go RIP VTEK BOOIE!

splice the nuetral position plug and go drive, everything else besides the reverse position wires are unnessesary

ok cool, so what do i need to do exactly for the reverse lights to come on?

you have to connect the reverse switch from your tranny to one of the 3 connectors beside the fuse box… my guess is the one right next to the neutral position connector…

so do you need to plug in the neutral sensor in from the tranmission after you jump the one under the fuse box?

you mean, plug the neutral sensor from the tranny into the ECU?

as far as I know, that’s not needed… and neither is the 4th and 5th gear sensor…

alright thanks man :slight_smile: