Auto to 5spd Swap

Hey. I was just wondering if it would be worth it to buy an auto 180sx and do a 5 speed swap into it? There is 2 to choose from and the auto one hasnt bin in an accident, and is 100% stock. Also is $1200 less then the other which has bin in an accident, is 5 speed and most likely beat on more then the auto. Any idea on the cost to do the tranny swap? both are the ca18det engines.

Thanks, Chris

Edit: Can the parts needed to do the tranny swap be bought here or is there some that need to come from japan?

Not sure about the complete pricing for the rest of the parts needed. But I do have a 5spd tranny for $120 obo it’s out of a 89 240sx. From what I have been told, it does work with the CA18.

I’d put a shift kit and high stall converter in the auto, you’ll rape most 5 speed CA powered cars.

auto is to boring for me. Im not to worried about drag racing.

^^
good call

I would get the auto and swap the tranny. And I have also heard that the ka tranny fits the ca.

Ya I just want the tranny gone, I’ll sell it to ya for $90!!

You would be better off finding a CA tranny due to the fact that if you get a KA or SR tranny you will still have to find the bellhousing off a CA Tranny…so…just get a CA tranny.

rob parsons has alot of parts for a CA 5 spd swap, PM him