auto-x crunch time: project insomniac

so you thought you were having a bad car week? You’ll feel better after you read this. Discovered blown motor yesterday. Compression test revealed pistons 2 & 3 were fucked. Teardown proved ringlands were fucking toast. Auto-x starts on saturday. The next 3 days I have school during the day, then immeadiately go to work till 9 every night right after school. And this…this is my garage as of 20 mins ago.

No enigne hoist, pure fucking craze to get this bish done before saturday. I’ve already located and purchased a new shorty to throw in it…The fucker better hold. I’m tired as fuck, havn’t showered in 3 days, and feel like hell. I really don’t wanna be driving my 99 this weekend. Man I fucking hate cars.

You wanna borrow my hoist? I can bring it out friday morning if I dont goto Philly.

lol is that my engine stand?

sorry to hear man u have the worst luck.

i can just see your dad now loosing it because that car is once again broken down in the garage:lol:

that sucks a lot… You have more drive than I do… I have a few minor problems that may keep me from auto-x because I dont have time to fix them, but that’s because I"m not working on my car @ 11pm.

Good Luck Andy…sorry to hear about your blown engine:(

if you need anything give me a call again … i’ll see what i can do for you

Shit man… at least you can pull your motor kinda easy. If you wanna talk about car pain, PM Adictd2b00st.

Wait, that kinda looks like my garage! I tried to do a gsr head swap saturday, only to find out that I have no clue wtf I am doing. I finally got it started tuesday, but it barely runs (enough to get to work and back). I still have wiring to do, on top of getting it to actually work right. I have a bad feeling about getting this thing done in time.

So, Andy - want to co-drive a rental with me on sunday?

that sucks dood…

Holy shit that sucks hope you get it running though.

do you know what caused it to blow? damn man, i noticed that the axle is still stuck on your tranny.

no that’s my engine stand.
ring lands blown from running too lean at the end of last season.
Jim, can we fit my 13’s on the rental? If so, I may be game.
and yeah, the axel is still stuck in my tranny.

I’m tired. have to be at work soon too. I’m sooooo bringing car parts to work that need to work on. (flywheel and emery paper, etc). Why do I foresee myself getting this finished then sleeping in come race day?

Ya know, sometimes it is better to miss the 1st event than to rush things and end up doing the same job twice…

I’m gonna miss the first event too… but, because you can’t drive fast and corner a lot without brakes.

A lot less than your project, but it will only be my second brake job ever. And I’m still waiting for parts :frowning:

Hopefully we both finish by this weekend, so we can see each other there. Good luck Andy.

lalalalalallalalalallalallalalalall I can’t hear you lalalalallalalalalalalalalaa. I whole heartedly agree, but I’m still going to pretend I don’t know any better and build a ghetto build that will last a couple weeks before something blows sky high.

im out of town going to miss it anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

you can borrow my mr2 andy, it’s back in action

damn good offer. but rims are for the front, andi think he wants to use them.

…my only problem is trying to get tires by autox day, i may be working saturday, so i will most likely only be there sunday…
…i love stock cars. the honda is going to be nutso with tires. the ones right now are poor.

providing I don’t get mine up and running…I will glady co-drive with anyone who has a car that my race wheels and tires will fit on and that person also gets to beat the hell outta my race rubber and I’ll get to beat the hell outta their car.

yea sorry, they would fit neither on the stook or the vig

sucks to hear andy hopefully you will get your shit together in time for autox. I will not be participating until late may.