Average engine life of a KA?

I was wondering how many KM’s do KA’a usually push before they give out and die, if properly maintained and what not. Obviously there are way more variables that go into this then just the type of engine, but I was curious if they are generally reliable to a certain KM range?

Thanks.

KA are reliable engine even with poor maintenance.

It’s common to see them go past 250000 km.

ive seen quite a few push past 350k km’s.

with good maintenance.

took mine out at 315K to do my sr swap and it was still running mad strong

Yes. Do you remember the Navan S14 with Volk GTU’s? Anyway, that has been his daily car for six years, zero problems with the engine. Just regular maintenance, that’s it. And your maintenance is piss easy on that car too.

KAs are incredibly reliable, even when you’re beating the piss out of them. I’ve seen them go 300+ km’s with no problems.

Yeah I remember it I think, I think I found the car I am going to buy as well… It’s not high KM’s as this post would make it seem… but its fucking mint. Looks like no rust I’m going to check it out tomorrow. I’m pretty excited to check it out.

theres no such thing as no rust on a 240 :stuck_out_tongue: and ka’s last forever ive got mine at almost 240 000 and still running strong and i beat the shit out of it, only thing ive done to it was an oil pan gasket

What? My car is like a JDM car unerneath. Whatchamacallit talkin’ bout Willis.

I have 225000 miles on mine and it still runs like a champ. Drives from Detroit to Toronto and back almost once a month, nothing but the regular maintenance.
I have a buddy who had a KA go to 210 beating the crap out of it and not performing proper maintenance and it was good up to the last day.

Alright, good to hear! Thanks guys for letting me know.

yeah mine was 280 before the odometer failed before i bought it. she had the piss beaten out of her and sounded like a diesel. So after a healthy tune up she runs like a champ. I am guessing that with the miles I added on her and the time the odometer died. shes pushing 350 KM. but the compression is low around 120-130 per cylinder. she should be minimum of 150 and good condition 175. hope it helps man.

I bought an 89 240 hatch new and drive the living snot out of it for 8 yrs and 330 000 kms with NO problems and sold it to my buddy who drove it to 410 with no problems - then it got hit by a dumptruck-story ends there lol-ya they are bulletproof

Flatblack on here blew up 2 KA’s. Than again, he never checked his oil ahahha

2nd was blown the night after a cscs event in the rain, went drifting in a parking lot blew it up while going sideways lol.

approx close to 300,000 here and still going strong despite track days :slight_smile:

SOHC ka here… at 330 000 KM! still going strong just a bit of timing chain rattle at start up I will probably swap in a dohc when my soch dies

Its all in how it is taken care of. 600,000 + why not.

wow, crazy numbers and i stand by them too, because my KA has 327Ks on it, and it still going strong * knock on wood. i actually want to use it and prolong its life to see how far i can push the number. but sr will soon to follow, when the KA is to be decommisioned

Use quality synthetic oil and yours will be fine too God willing. I always regularly change amsoil only. It’s worth it to me. I rather spend a bit extra on good oil and regular changes than regret a dead or pooped motor.

lol im leaking oil from from the block, so lets see how long this thing lasts