fuel economy

well i was just wondering what other peoples fuel economy is with their ka’s. i get about 11.7km’s to a litre with hard sity driving to redline and highway driving, im just curious to know other peoples fuel economy?

i got about 450 to a tank the ka iirc
about 400 city and 560 hwy for the ca

your sig is too big, shrink it

the question begs to be asked…

why do you have a ginormeous picture of an sr if youre driving a ka?

do a search on this there is a few posts on the subject.

On My boosted KA running 700cc Injectors on a full tank of gas I just
got 450km and that was includiding a 10min long wangan run on the
highway with a V8 Kompressor averaging ~ 220km/h @ 10psi

I get about 500-550 per tank driving… well… not hard but i have a reasonably heavy foot.

Driving highway I get 650 or so.

Hurricane’s KA when he had it was doing over 700klm per tank on the highway.

spd-dmn’s car is the best i’ve seen - KA and he did 725klm (or so I think) and had just under a quarter tank left. I know in my car with the same amount left I still get another 100klm. So he could have pushed 800klm no problem. All highway driving.

800 for the win

for me to get anything above 480 is amazing… I do mostly city driving and my car is an auto :frowning:

480? wtf, mate? :slight_smile:

So, so far we’ve concluded that coupes are by far the best on gas… s14’s are the worst. :slight_smile:

My S14 w/ S14SR got over 700km on the Ottawa trip…

I don’t think S14s are worse on gas than S13s…

It depends alot on how well the car is running, and alot on how you drive.
Driving under 10inhg will get you some super high kms, but driving in
boost will kill your numbers.

Accelerate slowly, and be smooth with the gas pedal for the best results.

Shifting under 2500 helps too.

I just think the KA is a pig… I hate this damn engine… it’s unefficient, slow as hell, timing chain rattling, etc… I just wanna throw it out of my 20th floor blacony heh…

600KM/ Tank pussy-footing on the highway.

450KM/ Tank mixed city/highway (“spirited” driving)

I’ll be there to catch it and make 400hp out of it! :lol:

i get crap mileage on my KA, I am lucky if I see 450ish a tank, and that is mostly highway driving at about 125km/h

my guess is that it’s inefficient due to your automatic transmission. i could be wrong tho, someone please correct me on this if so.

i “klink” faintly when i start to move for a second, but that’s not the engine anyways. not a problem regardless. i just bought the car so i have yet to find out how far a tank can take me…

Ditto… S13 Coupe

my SR gets pretty good milage if its not boosted much

I just got 263km to a 1/2 tank which was about 50/50 city/highway

^^^ You also know that the gauges are inacurate.

I average about 150km to the top half and 250km the bottom.

Yea I’ve noticed… and like yourself my bottom portion gives a better number

I always pay pretty close attention to my klm per tank. I get almost exactly 100klm from when i fill it right up to where it hits “F”. From there to 3/4 full is really fast, usually only 40-50klm. I hit almost exactly 250klm when I’m at the 1/2 mark. My gas light comes on around 550klm usually with 50/50 highway/city and spirited driving.

basically get exactly 250klm for first half, up to 300 for second half when I’m driving 50/50 highway/city