AWD Corvette

copy.paste

I spent the weekend at the Polish quarter mile drag racing championships. I just got home about an hour ago. I’ll post more later when I have all of the photos sorted though…I have over 800 from the event.

In the meantime, here is a teaser. This car ended up winning it’s class with a low 9 second time. Keep in mind drag racing in Poland is a different ballgame. They race on old abandoned airstrips which have almost zero traction. It’s really bad. There’s no traction compound. Look ath the pavement in the 3rd pic…that’s how the entire track looks. Built RWD dragsters with monster rear slicks cannot hookup. I don’t think a single RWD car did better than 11’s. A TT C5 Z06 ran high 13’s spinning all the way though 3rd. Ha ha ha.

Anyway, I found this car awesome.

C3 Corvette

-Built LT1 swap stroked to 6.2 liters
-Autronic standalone management
-Turbonetics T91 turbo (as big as a freakin’ pumpkin)
-Converted to AWD system from Typhoon/Syclone
-Built TH-400 Auto tranny with trans-brake
-ZEX 200 shot direct port N2O
-Fiat Seicento ignition modules (!!!) :lol:

Anyway, this car had some serious hook and sounded MEAN. I was worried my camera would get sucked in. Ha ha ha.

Build up thread…

More to come!

:eek2:nice

that is amazing.

Damn :eek:

Gross

wow very interesting but its alittle ugly… sucks they dont have proper strips down there.

but another example of how AWD owns on the street

nice hood ornament

interesting

i dont think the turbo is big enough

EH…would of been better in a nicer car

I like the fact that it’s different. i’m not a fan of corvette’s though, would have been better in a mustang. :slight_smile:

so their tracks are like pittsburgh drag strips. cough cough PRP cough cough

low 9? thats it? :weak:

Awesome. They should get some studded tires and go to the Ice Drag races in Wisconsin.

http://www.merrillicedrags.com/

http://2fast.bounceme.net:18/~hipek/C3awdVTG.mpg

Do you have a car that’s faster?

I think it’s great. Can you imagine how much it cost them to get all those parts shipped in? I give them a 10 for ingenuity.

as a matter a fact, I do…

pretty cool no doubt, i just think it could have been done better, cleaner and more efficient… i’ve been having some stressful days lately, thats all.

it sounds like the turbo never even reached efficiency… :down:

Great, where can I see it?

There is no doubt that the car is not running up to it’s full potential, but it’s not like they can just get parts on short notice either. They obviously have great vision and fabrication skills, so it’s possible that they are just sneaking up on the tune from the safe side rather than trying to sort through a bunch of broken parts to figure out what went wrong.

I think it’s cool. Could’ve hidden the turbo a little better, though.

Paint it flat black & mount the turbo underhood & it could be a fun street machine.

They definately have trouble getting any speed parts overseas. I had a guy from Belgium contact me with questions about how to setup a T56 with a big block. After several emails back & forth, he thanked me for the info & setting him in the direction of buying parts. He’s doing a BBC/T56 in a '82 Z28. He sent pics of it. It looked like a '70s-'80s hotrod (all jacked up & window louvers, etc). He probably has a mullett, too. I think they are just a little behind the times.

Just my .02…

LT! FTW…