Trollmaro

After throwing some mods at the Corvette last season I realized its at a point where its great on the street and isn’t ever going to be fun at the track with 6spd/IRS decided to find another F-body to build into something for drag racing.

Just picked this up

98 Z28
Just turned 100k
Stock besides the lid
automagic :tspry:

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12122910_10153190659595060_2519186590323995197_n.jpg?oh=ae600b2008adcedcf2c6ad2546c24875&oe=569D43B9

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12140581_10153190659605060_3913098927131935690_n.jpg?oh=bc3d474dc1fc4578b9569c4dfc5ac867&oe=56D12C9E

The plan is to do bolt ons/suspension try to get in the top 10 stock internals list, go for the cam only list and eventually end up boosting it after suspension/cage/etc is done.

Going to try and take more pictures and track weight etc this time around and actually keep it :tup:

i got paint, hole saws and nitrous . :lol:

trex with a 200 shot, 4500 stall all day

Hell yeah

Cool,

Kinda shocked about this its actually the stock tune :lol:

This weight is 100% besides an aftermarket lid.

Full interior
AC
Spare/Jack
Stock Exhaust
Stock manifolds with cats
Also has a ton of dynamat in the back.

Think you can get it lighter than the Nova? Its heavy :frowning:

Shooting for 2800ish

<<< choko dont know such words as heavy :lol:

@choko

http://toolguyd.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Milwaukee-M18-Fuel-Sawzall-Recip-Saw.jpg

Jinx, lol.

This is pretty much a 2010 flash back doing the same thing to the same white 98 F-body again…

However this time automagic :tspry:

I’m trying to figure out what the purpose of a 700hp vette is, if its not for drag racing, highway pulls?

:tup:

Any way I can $$$ you to come weigh something? Car is portable but if it can be done on location that would be t!ts.

EDIT: Or are those JDs?

Street fun! That is a good amount of power for a chassis like that. Still handles and stops well, AC, nice radio and such. Cruiser!

• Updated - - -

I need a consultation. I have about the heaviest Nova II in history.

Because why not?

Its something I cruise around and enjoy? Stops fast, turns well, has AC, has leather, removable top, etc. The blower on the car is very linear and tame if you want to make 500hp shift early you want to make 700 rev it out.

Corvettes are not great drag cars and especially with 6spd.

A lot of my friends like @cougarspeed and others are getting back into drag racing or racing on a regular basis at the track. No idea what the long term plan here is maybe build motor with a big shot? grudge car? idk but I really enjoy drag racing at the track.

Corvette will stay the way it is and probably get a clutch if the motor goes at some point I will just throw a forged stock cubes motor back in but no point in making huge power we don’t really have a lot of highway superstars around here anymore.

What is the purpose of a 700hp Corvette? Hauling lumber, obviously.

What kind of question is that?

haha i think he just means that it seems like a good candidate for drag racing. But its just a heater beater. Like my 69 camaro i dont drive but want to sell for too much so i can just keep it as a garage ornament. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

send me a PM if you need to weigh something