AWD Monte Carlo?

GM said last November that one of the assembly plants in Oshawa will close in 2008 as part of cost-cutting initiatives. Targeted for shutdown is the Oshawa No. 2 plant, which currently builds the Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick LaCrosse/Allure. The No. 1 plant is set to lose assembly of its Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Impala models in 2009 and would pick up the rear-wheel-drive Camaro along with other models under the proposal approved by the CAW. The Monte Carlo and Impala would likely become all-wheel drive.

My question is, why wouldn’t they make the Monte Carlo and Impala RWD? I’m not complaining about the consideration of AWD, but RWD seems more logical to me considering the history of each car.

i’ve heard rwd and awd options. But hell, anyting is better then a fwd V8

it’s pretty sweet i guess…

AWD Still doesnt make it kool…

that would be something different

True, but its one step closer to being a monte carlo again.

AWD?
What a novel idea!

I would like to congratulate GM for being on the cutting edge of car evolution.

:rofl:

I just lol’d

haa haaa aaaaaaa…it still wont happen

it could be 20 wheel drive, come with a free blowjob from the hottest girl ever and it would still blow so much fucking ass it will make your head spin.

When the AWD Ford five hundred came out I was mildly excited until I read
all of the scathing reviews about how it handles like a Crown Victoria.
Nice execution Ford.:smash2:

I am convinced that the big three don’t want me to buy domestic.

Edit: Woops, I hit quote instead of edit.

Probably because they will continue off of the current FWD configuration, FWD packaging, tranny, ect., ect. and have a transfer case going to the rear vs. building an all new RWD platform.

I ment to hit quote.

other than dodge’s new stuff (cough firepower cough) i would sincerely agree with you.

Spelling cool with a k doesn’t make you cool either. :retard:

neither does owning a w-bod:roll2:

Ok boys and girls

settle down.

AWD does make it better by some.

I thought people like you would be banned by posting stupid shit in a thread I made about something that interests me.

no comment