AWW-DEE, OWW-DEE, POOR-SHH, POOR-SHA

[quote=“chino,post:15,topic:40102"”]

edit: because if you feel douchey saying it that way, but do just to be proper that is ok :tup:

[/quote]

^=me
I hate people who say Aww-Dee. It’s Oww-Dee, like the belly button without the T.
Fuck I hate people. But I hardly ever correct anyone, unless it’s someone I know well.

A…i hardly pronounce anything right, drives the boyfriend crazy, and i love it.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:20,topic:40102"”]

OWW-DEE or AWW-DEE, it doesn’t really matter to me how someone pronounces it. But if Porsche is pronounced POOR-SHUH, then why not say that?

[/quote]

cause its fucking lame, don’t ask me!

01AudiS4, AWDrifter, bracketracer, brent_strong, MidgeX, Pass McGrass, PsngrSeatsR4Boys, Viper966, zwarbyt - Go move to doucheland you eurotrash motherfuckers!

whoops, did I spell deutschland wrong?

sorry, it’s finals week. i am not happy right now.

[quote=“Zong,post:24,topic:40102"”]

01AudiS4, AWDrifter, bracketracer, brent_strong, MidgeX, Pass McGrass, PsngrSeatsR4Boys, Viper966, zwarbyt - Go move to doucheland you eurotrash motherfuckers!

whoops, did I spell deutschland wrong?

sorry, it’s finals week. i am not happy right now.

[/quote]

you spelled it right, don’t worry.

like i said before, i embrace it.

[quote=“PsngrSeatsR4Boys,post:25,topic:40102"”]

you spelled it right, don’t worry.

[/quote]

should be more like deuche land

ZING!!!

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:22,topic:40102"”]

A…i hardly pronounce anything right, drives the boyfriend crazy, and i love it.

[/quote]

too many times have i agreed with you today, something is off.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:26,topic:40102"”]

should be more like deuche land

ZING!!!

[/quote]

FREALZ.

I like saying them wrong just to get on the owners nerves :smiley:

edit: but honestly don’t care either way… it’s pronounced different, big deal. No different than hearing someone from Boston say “car park”

i say oww-dee but i do not say poor-sha. I have no problem with it being pronounced right i just don’t like saying it like that. I say oww-dee because i’ve watched to much top gear.

Ouchie?

Not a snob, but I took 4 years of German and thus can’t get myself to pronounce it improperly.

au=“ow”, hence “owdy”

Porsche not as obvious. The e on the end doesn’t mean you say porshuhhhhh the way ignorant American snobs say it. It just gets a bit breathy at the end.

Granted I would never correct someone for saying it differently. That kind of shit is gay.

oww-dee 100%

and i would have to vote poor-sha, even though i say “pour” instae of “poor”, and i tend to say ‘shih’ instead of ‘sha’ (since it ends in E not A) durr.

it would sound retarded to say Porsche in 1 syllable, 2 is better por-sche

I’ve always said Por-scha, because it’s a family name and that’s the correct pronunciation.

I have corrected people when they say it wrong. But then again, I correct people for saying a lot of things wrong because it drives me nuts. Like saying “centrifical” instead of “centrifugal.” I guess I’m just a word snob in general.

[quote=“Silver,post:33,topic:40102"”]

I’ve always said Por-scha, because it’s a family name and that’s the correct pronunciation.

I have corrected people when they say it wrong. But then again, I correct people for saying a lot of things wrong because it drives me nuts. Like saying “centrifical” instead of “centrifugal.” I guess I’m just a word snob in general.

[/quote]

Like center counsel? THAT drives me crazy.

OWW-DEE is the right way to say it, snob or not. AWW-DEE is just a WNY thing… nobody says it like that any where else.

why would you ever want to pronounce something incorrectly?

nucular?