Back from Vacation

Crystal and I booked a vacation on the largest cruise ship in the world the Liberty Of The Seas. We left LGA on Friday morning for Miami via American Airlines. The flight was delayed as LGA just simple sucks. Way too much traffic. American is nothing special. At least the plane was clean I guess. They had several little TVs but the 13" monitors spaced apart is fail.

Miami just sucks. It’s hot as balls and humid as hell. It’s like living in my boxers after I had swamp ass for a few hours and decided not to ghost wipe. Way too many Cubans and it just looked like a shit hole. Our hotel wasn’t anything special as the Clarion isn’t exactly the Hilton. It was clean though.

We took a cab less than 2 miles without traffic to the Longhorn Steakhouse for $10 each way? That’s worse than NYC. The cabs are absolute digusting too. Eh, the ribs were tasty and I had some girlie tropical drink because I was feeling fruity.

Cruising. This is my 3rd in a row and 4th total on 3 different lines: Carnival, Princess, and now Royal Caribbean. They are all very different but very similiar if that means anything. The ship was absolutely beautiful and near perfect. Some of the attractions: ice skating ring, Flowrider (more on this), Boxing Ring, impresive gym, multiple pools and Jacuzzis that sit outside of the main ship’s width for beautiful views, several specialty restaurants, rock climbing wall, full soccer/basketball court, 9 hole mini golf, and extensive spa services. It was the ship’s 68th itinerary and I could still smell the new paint in areas.

Awesome shows from broadway style to vegas style cirque to comedian to a cool juggler. Really cool mix.

We had fun and did just about everything but rock wall as I didn’t have any damn shoes. I wanted to climb that shit too. I kicked ass at putt putt but that’s no surprise. Not that great of a course but a few little obstacles. No nutty wind mills and shit. The pools were nice and some were adult since there were way too many kids. Seriously, you people don’t need 3-5. The fuckin hispanics (especially venezulians horrid spell) were the rudest bunch of scumbag pricks I ever met. Please stop producing. They pushed and bumped into people. An entire small village were there and the entire cruise bitched about this group of people. The comedian made a comment about them as well during his show which got a rave applause so it just wasn’t me.

The flow rider… Let’s just say the big d0g went down on the boogie board and got on his knees the first attempt. Not too shabby. I destroyed all pics/vids so no evidence exists Friggin blast tho. The only problem is that every kid lived on the ride. I was hoping a gust of wind would take the hispanics out to sea. This was not my day as no such luck happened.

We had a balacony room on the 7th deck which had a king sized bed, flat screen tv, couch, and a desk. It was the typical sized room but a good sized balcony. Someone got smart and put in a hard shower door instead of the curtain that sticks to your ass while you shower and floods the bathroom. I am a big d00d and I was fine with it so I am sure you little people will be fine.

I suck at gambling as I got BNorris skillz. I got a bad string of hands and lost $100 in Black Jack. Crystal was up a few hundred and ended up $60 or so in the end. I felt horrid for losing $100. I hate gambling… I feel bad as I always lose and I get this guilty feeling.

The food was good. It was a bit different. They didn’t emphasize the food like other cruise lines… It’s always there but we just did the normal small breakfest, lunch, and nice dinner daily. It was like going out to eat. Not great but not bad. It was always nice? I can’t really complain as I had steak/seafood nightly. Their red sauce/pasta sucked. I tried to give them a try but it was bad. I am picky about my gravy though. They do cook for like 6000 people a day. That’s quite a bit.

Anyhow, glad to be back.

srsly i think you enjoyed your vacation

With that being said i am NOT reading more than 2 lines of this book.

:angry2

:lol but you had fun so thats all that matters

my girl friend went on a cruise to burmuda in june/july week trip. Norweigan. out of boston. the one in nyc was fully booked a year advance. (nyc port and boston port left same day and came back same day.) pics would be nicew shawn.

We wanted to leave out of NYC but didn’t like the cruise.

I’ll post some pics tonight. I am just blah right now to grab the camera. :slight_smile:

jeez shawn i acctually read it i wanna go on a cruise now

sounds alot better than the last “cruise” i went on. we did have an excellent view from my flight deck balcony.

A cruise is fantastic. You can see 2-4 to even 5+ different places and it’s almost a fixed price if you don’t drink alcohol or use any of the extra shit which is easy to avoid if you choose.

Also, your experience is EXACTLY the same (unless you do Presidential Suite) regardless of where you sleep (that’s where the price changes).

For reference, we had a balcony at $799 a person. With taxs/tips, it was like $11XX a person for 8 days 7 nights. We spent a few thousand at the ports/onboard/alcohol/extras/etc… but that can be avoided. Hell, inside staterooms go for under $500 sometimes on the common Florida Eastern Caribbean.

Transportation is a cost too though unless you leave out of NY.

If anyone is interested, I can give more information as I been on 5 over the last 3 years.

Details?

Length of flight deck: 1,092 ft.
Width of flight deck: 252 ft.
Height keel to mast: 244 ft. (equal to 24-story building)
Area of flight deck: 4.5 acres
Displacement of carrier: 95,000 tons

thats where i was for 8 months on a “cruise”

http://www.eisenhower.navy.mil/index.html
VAQ-140 Patriots.

I’d love to go on a luxury cruise ship, rather than a combat cruise ship

Ouch. I just put that all together.

Yea, probably no flow riders on that thing. :slight_smile:

we had black people, is that what a flowrider is?.. wait thats FloRida…

:idiots

:lol

:nono

wow tough crowd, is al sharpton on this forum now?

hahah, that was a good one. :lmao

:rofl

Flowriders are siiickk

Sounds like you had a fun, expensive vacation Shawn!

It wasn’t too expensive. We just bought a lot of bullshit on the Islands.

The FlowRider was awesome. I believe the indoor water park in LG has one.

awesome man, me and the wife are going on one in January, I cant wait

ahhh, another cruise fan, nice.

Good to hear you enjoyed RCL. I’ve been on 3 rcl cruises over the past 5 years and have another one booked in May.

How was the weather? This is Hurricane season after all.