Season opening cruise (tentative 4/7)

(updated 3/6)

Here is the info for the season opening cruise!

When-4/7, Exit 8 PnR, 2PM (subject to change). Leaving at 245 SHARP (again subject to change if other times work better for the masses)

Cruise directions from PnR

Take the Northway north to exit 25. Get off of exit 25 and take a right onto Route 8.

Late lunch with be at http://jimbosclub.com/suzieq/ it’s literally right on Route 8, off to the right. Can’t miss it, huge parking lot.

Address of lunch place for those with GPS-148 Tannery Road, Brant Lake, NY

Leave there, and there is two options for you guys. Either backtrack to the Northway via Route 8, or continue on Route 8 to Hague, NY, and follow the signs in Hauge, NY back to the Northway. This will take you on an amazing drive over Tounge Mountain. I highly suggest it. I’ll be breaking off in Hauge with the other Ti people, back to Ticonderoga.

Please feel free to ask my any questions about the route.

1)TurboTravis w/various Ti people

how about something different for a change other then the same run?

Agreed :slight_smile:

It’s up to the majority, but it really only works for me if it heads back towards Ticonderoga.

Getting off at exit 25, taking Route 8 and regrouping in Hauge is a good idea IMO. From there we could have lunch in Hague, take pics near the lake, finger each others asses, etc. Then the run from Hauge to back to the Northway via 9N is one of the best drives in the state. Anyone on here that has done it would tend to agree.

yes it only really works for you to head back there…

but it doesnt work for any of the other members on the forum.

it shouldnt really determine who it works for and who it doesnt.

Yeah, considering that I constantly take the time to set it up, and drive 1.5 hours just to START the cruise, there should be at least something in it for me and the others that come from nothern locations.

Regardless of the route chosen, it’s about the same amount of driving for everyone involved. It’s actually more for the people from the north, but most of us enjoy seat time.

CP-Hague-Bolton/LG-CP is a great loop and a mix of driving conditions.

I am just saying that even I, the one who loves to go fast straight is getting tired of the same straight run.

Hit the back roads going around sacandoga or something. Those roads I took people on for the one cruise were insane and everyone loved them.

Understandable, which is why I offered up the other route.

Post something else, and if the majority rules, do it. If it works for me, I’ll come, if not, I won’t, I won’t be offended in any way. The LG meets are what’s the most fun anyway!

Might be there. Miata won’t be ready but the bike will be good to go.

Since im working that day and people want a different route I’ll plan another one on another week.

Should keep all happy.

You honestly could not get a day (or partial day off) with 6 weeks advance notice?

i have that day off, but i am planning to be in NC visiting my son who i haven’t seen since thanksgiving that weekend… i could do it the weekend before that though (march 31)

I could but I’d rather not as it’s on my overtime week and its rather costly to lose 8 hours worth of OT.

What’s wrong with having two cruises?

It was more of a general question-some people just seem to be unwilling to alter there work schedule for anything, even if weeks/months in advance.

Nothing wrong with two cruises.

I’d love to but I work Saturdays. Stupid losing lottery tickets.

the roads around the sacandaga are insain esp if u like the twistys theres awsome pull off spot at the top of the lake and the roads eventually lead to LG. its a good 1.5 hour cruise if u take ur time no stops we could even hit the auto x track in edinburgh

Travis sets up all the cruises plus gathers mad people from ti to come as well, it should def be somewhat convienient for him for these reasons…

And I wouldnt mind cruising all the way up to TI, hanging out till night and have a shift518 night out and all chip in for a hotel… shit would be sick.

sounds good if Dave lets me leave the store… haha

haha, well make Tony Soprano work that day lolol

4/5 is my birthday so a hotel party would be interesting