Bailout shennanigans

:stick:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_crushing_cars

:doh:

“We’d like to send the message that the best way to support your country is to buy an American vehicle today,” Severtson said.

wow. why do I have the feeling this wont be the last time I hear this…

Added:

The more I think about this the more disgusted I get, reasons why? Well I would love to buy a American car, if in fact more then half of them weren’t junk. Not only that but, how about something in a descent price range? No doubt the new CTS-V and ZR1’s are sick and I more then likely will never own one but really this doesn’t make a car company successful, as the state of the matter shows. This may sound dumb and yah im stating the obvious but ah hello… GM Chrysler and Ford apparently dont get it.

Lets do a quick comparison, for modest priced vehicles. 18,000 and under…
http://www.caranddriver.com/tags/price_ranges/1_18000

You be the judge.

Time will tell with the demise of the Chevy Cobalt. The Cruze is shaped like a Civic/ Jetta Hybrid and is to be sold in Europe as well as the States, so maybe there will be quality out of GM yet. I used to own GM cars and, all domestic bashing aside, they just don’t compare to most foriegn cars. It isn’t just about fuel economy, it’s a blend of style, comfort and options along with a meeting of power AND economy. Sometimes even the foriegn market misses the mark, look at Kia and Suzuki.

no you be the judge

I think I’m done with foreign cars.

think someone watched roadhouse one too many times

you’ve proven beyond a shadow of doubt that you have poor taste in vehicals. Go ahead and make a comment about g-bodys… fact remains they are old as piss and still running strong. Go get your smart car or whatever alternative fuel piece of shit you like this week and be done with it.

Can’t trust them Hyundai’s.

Im gonna pistol whip the next person that says shennanigans

there are some nice american cars out there I would love to have but most of the time extremely overpriced. Back in 05 I wanted a Mustang GT or Pontiac GTO but neither were affordable at that time though now that they can be bought used they are affordable. Now the challenger is a beautiful car i would buy but still overpriced. For the quality of parts used the price doesnt match.

Exactly why I sold the car for four thousand over sticker and never even seen it :gives:. Back to the main topic, maybe I should have been more straight forward with you since your stuck in the 80’s. Your going to tell me American cars NOW are just as reliable as cars in the past? I know not everyone can have the grace of owning a g-body, but your going to tell me cars now, are built just as good as cars back in the day?

cars are built better today than in the 80’s. I had a decent amoount of cars over the years and as time goes on, cars get much more reliable. The metal in today’s cars doesn’t rust like it used to, normal maintenance beyond oil changes is rarely needed, and newer cars can take the same abuse an older car can take (my 2000 altima was proof of that). Anyone that thinks the 70’s, 80’s, or even the 90’s cars were built better than today’s cars is a retard.

granted, this is normal everyday driver cars, not modded to hell and back. :smiley:

No, you just need to stop buying unreliable german cars :smiley: j/k

Speaking of…take a look at these (possible Trans AM racecars)

your just buying the wrong ones, i have 92,000 miles on my car replaced breaks once and have the stock clutch. nothing has been changed but oil and tires.

as far as american goes my moms pacifica now has about 115 thousand on it and my dads 300c has about 60-70 on it with no problems on either as well as my brothers jeep with 80some thousand. So the american cars are pretty reliable

shennanigans

you tried to dd a expensive german car with high mileage, total fail on your situation. Majority of high mileage jap cars run very well…

Nice concept drawings.

American cars “look good on paper”…oh wait, they don’t do that either.

dude…a re you a fucking idiot? it has nothing to do with being german or “jap” … it is whether the car was maintained or not… :stick:

ether way in his case he needs to stop crying about it!