Baller, My computer is a donk

running staggered setup… 22’s up front, 28’s in the back nugga

http://lh6.ggpht.com/MoranS281/SGvXiBNCEzI/AAAAAAAAAQM/cOV6sd6dP0U/s800/photo.png

Have a problem (if you can see it in the pic) where the new monitor is ONLY running at 1080p… even if set to 1900X1200 (it shows black bars at the top and bottom). If this because I’m running it from an HDMI cable? It’s a little annoying.

As you can see, I don’t have much room on this little desk, so if you want to buy the 22", let me know :smiley:

Do you know if the monitor is capable of displaying more than 1080p? Is it a tv?

how much for the 22"? dead pixels? info?

yeah, it’s an actual monitor

here is the link to it. I assume that the HDMI cable is limited to displaying a maximum of 1080p because xbox360 using 1080 through a VGA cable cuts off part of the picture, but would think it would display properly if I used an actual hdmi cable for it, instead of vga. 1280X1024 seems to work perfectly though

I don’t know, I’m stumped. Kind of sucks because it’s taking up about 2-3" of horizontal real estate. Maybe it’s a defect?

ok, I’m a compete idiot. I had it set to 16:9 aspect ratio under the monitor settings :lol:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52818&highlight=viewsonic

here it is… it’s in perfect shape

lol. which reminds me to post up my current setup :pimp:

ok, dumb question.

here is an image of the back of the monitor

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/24-116-084-11.jpg

Now I assume that the VGA input is actually DVI, right? (mini dvi?) And just need a converter for it?

reason I ask, is that my xbox is hooked up with a VGA cable, and PC is run via HDMI cable and I’d like to switch them, but not if it will effect the display quality. Also, do you NEED to use HMDI cables for blueray? I just got a BRD drive and was wondering if the monitor actually has to use an HD connection, or can it run fine on VGA as long as the monitor is HDCP compliant?

And finally, someone told me that the component input can only display 720p… is that true? or can the bus support 1080p?

i think vga is vga, why didnt that monitor come with a DVI port also?

I don’t know, honestly… I could of sworn it did. Seems stupid that they added VGA and left DVI out, since DVI is pretty much standard these days.

use the adapter then, i couldent believe how much nicer DVI looked on my new monitor.

like day and night

I’ll try it later.

thanks

oh, do you know about HDMI and which cable to use thing? does it even really matter as long as the monitor is HDCP?

what about hdmi?

you cant view HD on a vga connection i dont think, needs to be HDMI

ok, that’s the answer I was looking for. I’ll just leave it setup as is then.

thanks man

where did u pick up the BRD player?

is it recordable?

lol all the money ur spending u could of got a nice HDTV

that will come sometime in the future. I figure this way, atleast it has multi functions so I don’t feel so bad about it lol

I got the player from best buy (LG). It’s not a burner though, those are going for like 5-600 still

You don’t NEED to use HDMI for the Blu Ray player (a stand alone player I assume), a component video will work too.

nah, the blueray is an optical drive for my pc.

does component support 1080p?

thanks for the heads up, good info to know

yeah component or hdmi, not vga

why do u want 1080p so bad, u arent going to notice that much of a difference.

As long as your monitor is HDCP compliant you will be all set for using it at 1080p to watch Blu Ray movies. That might be a Vista only requirement but keep it in mind.